RSI 2021 - Applicants Thread

nope, haha. I’m not from the US

1 Like

Hi! I’m international too! Glad to see another international applicant here. Good luck to you!

will decisions come out in march since the international applicant deadline is on feb. 28?

I assume so . The international applications are handled by different organisations so they probably would have significantly less applications to filter through. Not too sure though, this is just what I think

1 Like

You too!!! :slight_smile:

ahhh i’m already anxious. i know i’m gonna get rejected but still have this tiny sliver of hope. which states are usually the hardest to get in from?

March 8, I think.

where did you find that?

2 Likes

In the same boat with no test scores. My SAT dates were canceled twice already. I just learned my date in March was canceled while sitting in a warming center during the Artic freeze in Texas. I wasn’t able to send my junior year transcript. It didn’t come out until late January after the deadline.
Lovin’ Life in Texas

how did you know?

does anyone know how rsi selects international applicants? do we get selected by our country representatives or by rsi itself?

Has anyone gotten an email yet?

nope… i wonder when results will be out

did anyone apply for international for south korea??

It was March 9 last year i think
Just a week left if thats the case!!

Do they usually release result for US and international applicants on same day?

I think it is on different day. Can anyone please post result once you get it? So everybody can check their emails or the junk folder. Thanks!

1 Like

FYI -
Research Science Institute (RSI)
Each summer, 80 of the world’s most accomplished high school students gather at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) for the Research Science Institute (RSI).

All US student applicants will receive email notification
on their status in mid-March.
International students will be notified by April.

2 Likes

Why is this thread so dead this year lol, all of the previous years had like 300 posts ahhh I wish it would just come out already

1 Like

honestly it could mean that there are much less applicants … which means higher chances hopefully?