San Diego State University Class of 2027 Official Thread

My DD is currently a freshman at SDSU (Class of 2026.) She didn’t get her acceptance/admission decision until Friday, March 13th. (We are in-state*).
CSU Gpa: 3.94
Major: Health Communications

Just thought it would help to know that SDSU does stagger admissions. Some of my daughter’s friends received acceptances in December. However, many didn’t get acceptances until March.

Good luck to all!! :blush:

5 Likes

Yesterday

1 Like

Decision: Accepted
CSU weighted: 4.16
A-G courses: 28.5 years
UC approved Honors/AP/DE: 3 APs, 3.5 honors classes, lots of Dual Enrollment (35 credits/13 different classes)
Intended major: poli sci
OOS: Arizona
Honors College Invite: No
Hoping for cal poly slo now !!

3 Likes

It seems like maybe they are sending out decisions based on major. Has anyone had an acceptance for Economics yet? My DD is a non-local SD resident and waiting to hear.

Her cousin was accepted Tuesday in the first batch, it seems.
OOS
unweighted 4.0 gpa
Major: Psych (neuro science)

Was this acceptance yesterday or today?

it was on tuesday! i got the email at about 1:30

1 Like

@soccer703 Congratulations!

Would you mind sharing stats and if in-state.

Also was acceptance into major or pre-major?

For the SDSU CS program, the student is admitted into as a Pre-major although it may not specifically state this on the acceptance. Here is the information if interested:

Impacted Program

The computer science major is an impacted program. To be admitted to the computer science major, students must meet the following criteria:

1. Complete preparation for the major. CS 150, CS 150L, CS 160, CS 160L, CS 210, CS 240, CS 250; MATH 150, MATH 151, MATH 245 MATH 254; PHYS 195, PHYS 195L, PHYS 196, PHYS 196L; and STAT 250 must be completed with a minimum grade of C (2.0) or better and cannot be taken for credit/no credit (Cr/NC);
  2. Complete a minimum of 60 transferable semester units;
  3. Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0.

To complete the major, students must fulfill the degree requirements for the major described in the catalog in effect at the time they are accepted into the premajor at SDSU (assuming continuous enrollment).

4 Likes

My son’s info:

Decision: Accepted
Unweighted GPA: 3.91
CSU Capped Weighted GPA: 4.25
Number of UC approved Honors/AP/IB or DE classes: 12 soph/jr. yr, 6 senior year
Intended Major: CS
Non local CA resident

1 Like

Did you get the acceptance today or yesterday?

Trying to track if there are more being released today.

1 Like

Yesterday, Jan 25

1 Like

What’s the major of your kid that hasn’t heard back yet. Is it possible that some majors don’t offer early admissions?

2 Likes

I wasn’t sure if you were asking me, but it’s Economics. I haven’t heard anyone mention that major yet.

That’s a good point! Maybe some don’t?

2 Likes

He is Business, the same as his sister who got in yesterday and he has high stats (3.95/4.45) so it is alittle surprising.

We know others who got in yesterday with lower gpa’s.

2 Likes

I’m just curious… do you know the size of freshman class they allow each year?

The Freshman class size last year was 6500 which was the largest Freshman class to date.

For 2021, the Freshman class enrollment was 5236 and 2020 was 4798.

Remember that all colleges admit more students than enroll and this is based on the yield. For 2022, they admitted 30,231 Freshman applicants.

3 Likes

Are your twins the same business major? Since they admit by major, accounting should be different than marketing, finance or management for instance. Wondering if that’s it?

That makes no sense at all. And, it’s got to be a huge bummer for the sibling that doesn’t have the acceptance yet.

I know my son was happy for his friends yesterday, but bummed that he didn’t get an early acceptance too (with the same or better stats as his friends - 4.0/4.36/4.64). I figured it was a computer calculation that decides who gets the early acceptances, but that doesn’t make sense with your twins with same majors.

yes business management.

He holds his cards close, so it is hard to gage his level of disappointment. Though I have caught him checking his portal a couple of times now.

Yes makes no sense, other then a computer calculation.

Sigh…I am sure he will get an acceptance in March, but having twins applying the same place with one getting accepted early is so hard. Sending you all hugs as parenting during this time can be so hard!

3 Likes