Santa Clara University Early Action / Early Decision for Fall 2023 Admission

I remember last year once the images disappeared, decisions came within a few hours (I believe). What I don’t recall anyone referencing was images that came and went repeatedly - maybe they are having technical issues? Fingers still crossed for a decision release today!

1 Like

mine is still gone

2 Likes

I agree- feels like with the picture coming and going something is approaching

6 Likes

yeah like really soon before

Anyone know a palm reader or someone who can read tea leaves? :joy:

2 Likes

Do you think it means something if the picture is gone versus if it’s there. For my DD’s portal, it was gone this morning, but is back now.

I have no clue. I hope it doesnt mean Im rejected

1 Like

D23 Accepted!

2 Likes

Accepted. Any scholarships?

3 Likes

Accepted!

1 Like

S23 accepted!

1 Like

So there is no email notifying us to check? We’re supposed to know to check today, correct? Dd23 is not home so we’ll wait but she applied EA.

Congrats to all of you. My D got out early today but is having lunch with the rest of my fam while I am home sick.

Oh man, second deferral in two days for my DD. And no acceptances in hand at all. This is not a fun way to go into the holidays. I hate this. We thought this was a match.

1 Like

My son is still at school and will have activities after school. We will wait for him to check it out together tonight! Congrats and good luck to everyone!

D23 was also deferred. Strong app, demonstrated interest (corresponded with instructors over the summer) attended events, etc, super essay, great answers to the questions and glowing LOR’s plus decent GPA (3.85 uw/4.1 w), 7 AP’s and strong EC’s. Luckily has other options and it was not her first choice but still surprised.

1 Like

What was the other deferral? Santa Clara has become a much harder admit in more recent years. I will not be surprised if my D is deferred but she has lots of other great options. Hopefully your child has some other options and/or waiting on some other good options!

D23 Accepted!!! So excited!

Thanks! It helps to hear that. We’re on the East Coast and her path is a little complicated. Recruited athlete, but reached too high academically and was deferred yesterday from the D1, high academic school she committed to. She had applied to a few other EAs just to be on the safe side, but doesn’t really have any other schools she’s interested in. Her counselor considered this one a match, not a safety, but was pretty confident about it. Nobody from her rigorous private school has been rejected by Santa Clara before. This is going to be a rough road. She is actually only waiting on two other options at the moment and those will probably be deferrals too.

1 Like

Did the coach offer her a pre-read spot ? If the school is high academic then admission department has a final say, so in summer our counselor asked us to check with the coach for pre-read, if pre-read application gets a go-ahead from admission department then it gives you an idea. That way you can decide if you want to apply or you don’t even want to apply.

3 Likes