SAT subject physics

My son got 690 on sat subject test physics, he applied all engineering major of UC system, the UC needs two subject test, he submitted math II and biology, but since he applied engineering, should he submit physics as well? his school didn’t teach physics 2 only physics 1, so he got lower scored, if he submit it, how can he explain it to them?

I know the due date already passed, can he still submit it?

It might depend on which engineering major he is applying to. Davis doesn’t require any subject tests, so he’s OK there. UCSB just wants Math II, so he’s also fine. The others say it should be something closely related to the major. I’m guessing Math II is the most important, but I don’t know how critically they look at the other. Engineering is super competitive at the UCs, with acceptance rates significantly lower than the school’s overall rate. Good luck to him. I wish I knew more to provide a better answer for you.

he applied electrical engineering, it seems better to submit physics test, but if he doesn’t submit, mostly likely he has no chance to get in, I don’t know if I am right or not, but the teacher said he needs to submit, the other consultant said no, don’t know what to do.