Say It Here Because You Can't Say It Anywhere Else- Venting Thread (HS Edition)

Also, WHY THE HECK WOULD SOMEONE STEAL A CALCULATOR??? BY TAKING MY CALCULATOR, YOU CRAP ON EVERYTHING THAT I LOVE! AND I HAVE A MATH TEST FIRST PERIOD!!! AND THERE ARE SECURITY CAMERAS EVERYWHERE YOU ABSOLUTE SOGGY WAFFLE!!! PREPARE FOR ISS YOU DIRTY MICROWAVE!!!

I’m just a a little bit mad.

Wait, wait, it’s okay, it was my locker neighbor and she meant to take it to the lost and found all along

I forgot I was supposed to take the ACT last week lol

Will what I’m doing be good enough?
Sometimes I feel like the whole “Be kind and follow your heart” philosophy is kind of just - well, the first part works gloriously, and the second part is still in flux for me. Even though I know what I want to pursue, I still feel like I’m on shaky ground.
It’s why I cried at the Leadership lock-in today, because she said that she felt confused and she felt like her grades weren’t good enough - and I feel the exact same way. Maybe a little less confused, but definitely still unsure.
Sometimes, it’s just so hard to remember that I am more than grades, a botched haircut, and a disparate list of extracurriculars that clearly reflects the uncertainty I felt about myself and what I wanted to do. Sometimes, it’s just so hard to remember how to walk the line between wanting to portray an “all-American” image while maintaining my Filipina-Chinese identity and not becoming just another “stereotypical Asian.”

Let’s all have a little more (okay, a lot more) respect for the German teacher. He:
-was accepted into Vandy. Twice.
-graduated from Vandy. Twice.
-double majored for undergrad, which is hard.
-wants people to understand German and politics, so went back to get a Masters degree in education.
-is fluent in two languages.
-went to Germany as a Fulbright scholar.
(So, he’s obviously extremely competent. Stop treating him like he’s not.)
-deals with rude people daily
-deals with rumors daily
-tries super hard to be a good teacher
-is sure the hell less annoying than the people who accuse him as such
-never gets super angry at the level of disrespect he endures

1. We pay 10k-37k of tuition, so if you don't like our school, the leave!
  2. @allthesensitivepeople , DEAL WITH IT!

I feel like I can never comfortably do anything alone without someone assuming I’m upset… Sometimes I just like doing things alone.

I got a really low score on the ACT and I WANT TO JUMP OFF A BRIDGE. I CANT BELIEVE I SCORED REALLY LOW ON A STANDARDIZED TEST I KNOW THE PAST FOUR YEARS OF HARD WORK IS SCREWED BECAUSE OF A SINGLE TEST. WHY CANT I BE MORE THAN A NUMBER!!??

Also I hate hate hate hate my bitchy friends, I want to drop them but it is virtually impossible since we have every class together. They think they are so much smarter and better than me and it sucks because I already think of myself as worthless and they are so triggering I don’t know what to do. I am taking my SATs late and it messes up my schedule for apply early action and I hate myself. I think I won’t get accepted to any of my colleges and I will be forced to go to some trashy college and hate it.

I hate the fact I know I am going to fail my AP tests in the upcoming weeks, it is going to be terrible. My mom doesn’t understand that piling pressure on me at home makes me angry and shortens my temper, I don’t have anger issues but when you start belittling me when I am trying to study for three tests at the same time it gets a bit tough to stay cool

Just remember,everything is temporary(this is meant to be read as a positive affirmation not a negative one,because it could go both ways)

Seriously, i dont really want to be friends with you but i cant confront you because im a wimp and i’ll have to deal with it for the rest of high school.
First, i dont like gossiping or talking ill or people or judging people. You do all three and i hate how you judge people and automatically dont like people for no reason at all.
You start problems with my friend group for no reason at all. You got mad at my sister and stopped talking to her because she wouldnt go on a walk with you??? Now youre ignoring my friend because of one (true and not at all offensive) comment?? Seriously?? And i hate the silent treatment so much, and you literally do it all the time. Its so childish.
And do you always make people do things for you?? It’s not hard to walk over to the charger and plug in your phone yourself in class, but everyday you want to make me do it even when im in the middle of writing and essay. You wanted my sister to go to your house and clean your bathroom while you werent even there?? Who does that?? I got in trouble getting mascara from your house that you forgot, did you really think it was appriopriate to ask me to do that??
Ughh i really dont want to be friends with you bc its tearing down my character and my patience. But i dont not want to be friends with you. Ugh.

Everyone pities me since I don’t talk to a lot of people and I’m quiet. But I don’t care. I used to be sad and lonely, but honestly I don’t care anymore. I can control my facial expresssions so I don’t smile much, and according to that study I read, not smiling cues my brain to dampen my emotions.

I DON’T NEED YOU ALL AND YOUR PITY. I’M FINE. JUST LEAVE ME ALONE OR TALK TO ME, DON’T GIVE ME THAT SAD FACE.

@awesomepolyglot I feel you. SO MANY SHIPS!!! I told this guy I shipped hin with my female friend, since he follows her around and talks to her. He told me “That’s funny, since we’re both gay.” He was wrong (she’s pan, actually), but I didn’t know that about him.

Oh, and I have the same problem with French. Multiple students have failed and repeated classes under our one non-French I teacher who are reasonably good students (B students), and I literally have a C in the class right now, with about a month of school left. She’s very intelligent (Echols scholar at UVA, interviewed for the CIA and got the job before declining it since she couldn’t discuss her work with family), again like your teacher, but my teacher is awful. She maked us write an essay, memorize it, then write ot back out. And it’s 25% of out quarterly grade. She makes us write 2 per quarter.

I wish I had supportive parents. They aren’t helicopter asian parents, but when I told my mom last year I was depressed, she didn’t believe me. Oh, and I tried to hang myself a couple days after my birthday last calendar year (beginning of school year) and my parents still condescend me (dad) or get angry that I’m not acting like an adult when I wish I could just poof out of existence and end the misery I’m going through.

@IrisShadow Hoping you’re ok! Please PM me if you want to talk in more detail. I know what it’s like to be in a dark place like that, it really sucks. I’m here for you if you need my help, ok? :slight_smile:

AAGH why can’t you be free, writing site? I want you…

Angry I didnt choose AP World, and chose Global X(

Why, why, WHY, wHY would you assign us this project? Not a single APHG student wants to do it. Honestly, nobody cares if the other teacher loves doing it. That won’t make us want to do it. We all have the AP test and five or six other exams coming up. We don’t need to waste our time on this. It doesn’t even benefit students who aren’t artsy! This is exactly why we all complain about the busy work you assign. Don’t tell us that it’s “crunch time” and then give us between 3 and 6 hours of extra work AND spend a full class period on it.

Ugh. Time to spend my entire weekend thinking of a large number of polite and respectful arguments as to why this project should be cancelled. Because honestly, whoever gets up the nerve to complain speaks for everybody. I recognize that you’re trying to make review fun, but that’s really not what we need right now.

I’m so done with my entire school. They are forcing me to take 15 AP classes to graduate and my parents wont let me leave. I had a nervous breakdown this year only taking 3 APs/3 honors so how am I supposed to handle 4/5 in the next few years?

Can we have a 10 point grading scale already! :-c

I have a confession: I always masturbate to all of the sexy smart people on this site. The ones that really turn me on are the ones that take AP Euro sophomore year.

8-}

^oh