Say It Here Because You Can't Say It Anywhere Else- Venting Thread (HS Edition)

^^what

my sophomore schedule is Euro-free i should be safe

i always fall in love with words instead of actions - good writers and marvelous singers and people who build fluffy castles with beautiful arrangements of letters - and i think thatā€™s a problem; all those ravenclaws and slytherins are much more appealing to lil gryff me instead of gryffindors and hufflepuffs.
who says the world is divided into binary categories? who says it isnā€™t quarternary?

Who says itā€™s not more?

-a Ravfinpuffin

^ Best two comments, oh gosh. (lowkey slytherin pride)

I hate the last month of school. So. Much. X_X
Summer, you couldnā€™t come quickerā€¦

I wish it was much easier to truly understand each other.

Drama doesnā€™t make you look cool, drama doesnā€™t make you look edgy, drama makes you look like a b***h
Honestly
This girl in the drama department would NOT stop talking about how since she was a senior and had an important role TWO YEARS AGO (nobody cares ok) she DESERVED a big part (rule #1 of theatre, you never deserve anything)
She showed up to auditions and read horribly for the only part she would have done reasonably well for
Like literally read off the page in a monotone
Despite this she was cast in the ensemble AND chosen as the understudy for the part she read for
Considering itā€™s a relatively small cast with very few female parts - thatā€™s good!!
But she walked up to the cast list and CROSSED OUT her name, walked back into the classroom and said ā€œguess whoā€™s not in the musical this yearā€ like excuse me??? you CHOSE not to be in the musical??? there were 50 people who wanted the part she got and she gave it up because it wasnā€™t good enough for her
You donā€™t just do thatā€¦

I hate when a teacher takes forever grading an assignment that isnā€™t that time consuming and when someone asks when the assignment will be returned, the teacher says ā€œI have other classes to gradeā€ and you just want to say that you do too and still manage to complete everything on time.

(what do you mean slytherin? gryffindor forever. just kidding; iā€™ve got a lot of slytherin in me. itā€™s my second most predominant house/trait (?))

ugH. uGH ITā€™S MY SENIOR YEAR AND I JUST DONā€™T WANT MY SCHEDULE MUCKED UP. I REALIZE Iā€™M WHINING, BUT Iā€™M SERIOUS. i am proud and stubborn as all get out and i realize that is terrible but i do not want to sacrifice an AP class and i NEED to find a way out of this: i canā€™t quit leadership next year. nor do i want to abandon AP bio. but i canā€™t have AP bio and spanish four and i am going to SCREAM because i donā€™t know if i can take either online and i just want to pull MY HAIR OUT

@kimclan1 My teacher is 1 of 4 teachers who helped design the new exam. His BAMF Scottish accent is cool, but that comment creeps me out, especially since I love European History.

On another note, my crush figured out I like him a while ago, and is now physically staying close to these three girls heā€™s friends with, and I hate them all (1 because I already do, but the other 2 only because heā€™s clinging close to them). Heā€™s such an asian nerd with that bowl cut-ish haircut and watches all this anime (even though heā€™s Korean, lol) and Parks and Recreation, and Sherlock and plays LoL, but I couldnā€™t even get him to watch RWBY, Puella Magi Madoka Magica, or read Homestuck. Once I finished playing Lifeline (got it free off the Appstore) and got all freaked out and texted him. He calmed me down and made me watch Sword Art Online. Sh**ty af show, but it was honestly so nice to talk to him when I was so spooked.

Honestly, everytime I think of him, I think of two songs:
Next Year by Two Door Cinema Club (first song on all my playlists, and I think of him when I listen to music), and
Madeleine by Jacques Brel (our French teacher made us listen to it, and the line ā€œElle tellement joliā€ makes me think of him. He takes Spanish, but DAMN heā€™s so cute from that ridiculously awful haircut, and heā€™s sooooo funny, and just everything about him makes me happy. But since he figured it out, my life has just had its colors muted, and everything seems a little more gray.)

A lot of ā€œandā€'s there. :frowning:

You know, I wonder if anyone will ever see me as a Gryffindor. (A Slytherin - yeah. I see it in myself.)
But everyone imagines me as a Ravenclaw. The ā€œsmartā€ one.
Without that label, I feel like I donā€™t know who I am - I mean, I do, but without that implicit acknowledgment I feel like Iā€™m losing myself. Itā€™s so easy for me to define myself the way that other people do, and I know I should stop; thatā€™s not the way my life should work if I want to be content.
Choosing not to take another AP class feels like Iā€™m killing a part of myself that I canā€™t get back. I know full well Iā€™m killing my chances for valedictorian, the goal I set for myself the minute I finished 8th grade. But it also feels like thatā€™s someone elseā€™s dream now, a girl who didnā€™t know what she wanted to do with her life and set the goal only because it was tangible, not because it was something she knew would make her happy.
Iā€™m just - scared. Not of what other people will think of me, for not ā€œsetting the bar highā€ and taking 5 APs like the rest of them, but of what Iā€™ll think of myself. Iā€™m sad that Iā€™m disappointing the little freshman who believed that she could and would get valedictorian (I still think I could, if I tried hard enough and I dropped Leadership - but I think I would go crazy if I did). Iā€™m terrified of how Iā€™ll define myself now, because I canā€™t be the ā€œsmart girlā€ if Iā€™m not the one taking the maximum number of APs and getting all Aā€™s while involving herself in an inane amount of activities. I canā€™t be the all-American success story that Iā€™ve always wanted to be, the person Iā€™ve wanted to become, the Asian equivalent of Gabriella.

But thatā€™s just how it is, isnā€™t it? You change dreams. You change into a different person without even realizing it. You live myriads of lives within your own and you kill your past selves without pause.

Sometimes I wonder if Iā€™m brave enough to do it. To be myself.

When people chew gum with their mouth open oh my lord it drives me nuts

Currently failing calc because I had a panic attack in the middle of a testā€¦
I donā€™t know why the universe had to pick me, out of all people, to have severe mental health issues. Iā€™ve missed 20-25% of school this year and everyoneā€™s just judging the crap out of me, including the people who are supposed to form my support system like my parents, teachers, and counselors. My therapist is a total quack and spends half the sessions talking about how ā€œbrilliantā€ I am and the other half talking about how sorry she is for me. we can only get an appointment once a month anyway.
I also hate how my parents forced me into college prep school despite the number of times I told them I would not do well. Now all the adults in my life are trapping me here and I have absolutely no control over it. The vice principal told me I would be ā€œclosing doorsā€ if I left. The sophomore GC told me I would regret not pushing through my mental illness later in life. To make matters worse, the principal refused my request for a 504. My teachers are pushing me to do well on all my APs (which I am totally screwed for) and get As in their classes, and my friends are chastising me for wanting to leave and say Iā€™m just being lazy. Honestly no one is on my side here(except my english teacher, kudos to him) and I hate it.
In the meantime I need to get 100 on my calc final to pass the class, and thereā€™s no way thatā€™s going to happen. Guess Iā€™ll be getting a GED and going to community college since my school doesnā€™t allow remedial coursework over the summerā€¦ I donā€™t know what happened to the kid who was bound for success.

Also Iā€™m sick of people at my school who think theyā€™re guaranteed admission to a top university. Like, itā€™s great to have confidence in yourself and be ambitious, but I wish people would stop saying ā€œyeah, Iā€™m going to harvard for collegeā€. My friend literally has a 2.7 and she thinks sheā€™s guaranteed admission to amherst just because sheā€™s low income and has crohnā€™s disease.

Idk if this thread is still going, but ok:

School seems incredibly pointless and I feel depressed. I canā€™t decide what Iā€™m doing at this point and have to give a graduation speech even though I am repulsed at the idea of a set future and all the cliches that accompany graduation speeches and supposed ā€œmilestonesā€. Iā€™m leading a club that I really shouldnā€™t be leading - I feel uncomfortable and question why Iā€™m there in the first place.

Iā€™m on a college forum because I keep going through this vicious cycle of not caring about anything to suddenly being ultra-focused on my academic performance and viability for Ivy applications. I start high school next year and donā€™t know what to expect. I have this anxiety-depression thing going on and canā€™t discern whether itā€™s me thinking or just my ā€œthingā€.

I want to do debate but I donā€™t want to because do I really enjoy it or is it just for college applications?

I want to leave but Iā€™m trapped and I canā€™t escape all these headaches and sources of numbness.

God, I hope I donā€™t sound like some emo mess ew.

Oh, you poor baby. Idrc that youā€™re older than me.

wHAt eVeN arE GiRLs hONestLy

And ugh, I canā€™t believe I thought an insulin pump was an MP3 player.

I really am in love with my best friend.

Argh, why did that stressful as heck but darned lovely semester have to end!!! Itā€™s not fair! :frowning:

@awesomepolyglot S*** be going DOWN over at the RT subreddit over Montyā€™s death and the animators working with him, especially over the open letter and all. Obviously we still arenā€™t supposed to reply, but Iā€™m curious if youā€™ve heard and what your opinion on it is.

Rant: To my French teacher.
You are SO INCREDIBLY RUDE. Iā€™ve been dealing with depression all year, my crush (and your neighbor in a wealthy neighborhood) still wonā€™t talk me, and Iā€™ve been dealing with so much crap in debate since the real coach stepped out and the speech coach wonā€™t take us anywhere. Yet for whatever reason, you are mad at me when I donā€™t come in after school to make up tests because of AP testing making it so I get out AFTER the school day is over and you arenā€™t there, or Iā€™m simply not there. You talk down to me, make my oral quizzes harder by asking me more questions than everyone else then lowering my grade and leaving me with a C for the year!
And this last part takes the cake. Even with the shooting, this town IS NOWHERE CLOSE TO DANGEROUS COMPRED TO THAT OF A METROPOLITAN AREA. You donā€™t need to rag on me for 5 minutes about how Paris is safer than here because you donā€™t like me personally. This town is not like DC where you grew up. It is not the capital of a country, it is not a sprawling city that by default practucally has a target lainted on for terrorist attacks to occur. YES, PARIS IS IN FACT MORE DANGEROUS THAN WHERE WE LIVE, AND RIDICULING ME ABOUT IT WHEN I SAY WHY I DONā€™T WANT TO LIVE THERE AS PART OF AN EXERCISE FOR FIVE MINUTES IS A TERRIBLE THING. JUST BECAUSE YOU WERE AN ECHOLS SCHOLAR AT UVA AND HAVE ABOVE AVERAGE INTELLIGENCE DOES NOT GIVE YOU AN EXCUSE TO MAKE MY OTHER CLASSMATES BREAK DOWN IN CLASS, STRESS THEM OUT, OR OTHERWISE HARM THEIR MENTAL HEALTH. YOU ARE A TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE PERSON FOR CAUSING THIS MUCH SUFFERING. YOUR CLASS IS NOT EVEN OFFERED AS HONORS AND YET YOU EXPECT MORE FROM US THAN MY AP EURO TEACHER DOES.

Doing this to us benefits no one.

I wanna fight them

I hate that my anxiety is so bad. And I feel all this pressure to do well all the time and i hate it so much. Even my parents inform me that its OK to stop trying so hard, and yet I canā€™t. Why? Maybe cause I guess thatā€™s all Iā€™ve ever knownā€¦ Sometimes I wonder if this is even going to make me happy. Iā€™ve been thinking a lot about self-worth and what defines my self-worth and my happiness and if Iā€™m on the right path and if Iā€™m doing everything right and itā€™s all really annoying. I donā€™t know where Iā€™m headed. I mean yeah sure I have a college set to attend in the fall, and I know what I want to study and the field I want to go in after college and all of that stuff, but itā€™s the social aspect of things that keeps bugging me. I just want to feel like a balanced, happy individual and I donā€™t feel that way. Iā€™m so tired of giving 150% percent just to get back less every time. I hate it I hate it I HATE IT. Why did I have to be given this. Why Why Why. Not to mention the fact I found out this past year that I have OCPD this just makes everything so much worse. Damn. Why Why Why. If I could just disappear for a day, thatā€™d be nice. I just want a break fromā€¦ well everything.