Scared and stressed

I’m going to an IB school in a couple of days and I have been stressed and scared about this all day. Is it true that IB schools are going to be harder? I’m known to be a big procrastinator and a person who likes to talk to friends. I’m going to be a freshman and heard that you won’t be able to participate in extracurricular activities or hangout with friends because there are going to be a lot of work to do. I’m thinking of going to try out 2 weeks and if it is going to be a challenge then I am going to try transferring to another school in my district.

Also do not try to encourage me to just do the whole school year because I know I am not going to survive that long before I mentally break down

Time management is the key to success! Get rid of procrastination and plan your calendar. The best thing my son get out of IB is good time management and the ability to FIND time to relax while tons of assignments are waiting for him to finish. You still have time to do a lot of ECs, get rid of the mentality of having no time, just “find time”.
Talking to friends is good, you need a bunch of friends to support each other during the whole course. IB is not that bad, you will be fine.