Scholarship Question

Does anyone know specifications, or anyone who has received a full ride merit-based scholarship tuition at Binghampton? Do they even give out merit scholarships?

They generally do not give out merit scholarships to freshman although I heard they offer OOS students scholarships on occasion to make the school more attractive. They give out merit based scholarships sometimes for upperclassmen and the amounts vary. Anyway, as a freshman I wouldn’t expect anything in the way of merit aid from binghamton.

I emailed them with the same question. Here’s what they said:

Hello XXXXX,

Thank you for your email and congratulations! For helpful information on scholarships, please visit http://www2.binghamton.edu/financial-aid/types-of-aid/scholarships/binghamton-scholarships.html . Merit aid is a possibility. All the best.

Sincerely,

Undergraduate Admissions
Binghamton University, State University of New York

So when they say it’s a possibility, I think they’re implying that it’s pretty rare. :frowning:

Alright thanks for the input guys!

The website clearly states they only give based on financial need

@NewYorker404 Actually the website clearly states “limited available scholarship dollars requires us to give priority to students who also demonstrate financial need.”

To put it in simpler terms, aid is given out based on financial need as well as merit.