SDSU Class of 2023 Application Thread

OK SDSU, anytime you want to send out decisions would be fine with me! The longer we wait, the more chocolate I eat…please don’t keep us waiting much longer, or all local stores will be out of Snickers soon. :wink:

March Admission decisions will begin to be available in your SDSU WebPortal account. Check your admission status in your SDSU WebPortal account.
March 2 Deadline to submit GPA Verification Form for a Cal Grant.
March 15 Deadline for California community college to submit preliminary AA-T/AS-T degree verification for applicants pursuing the Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT) pathway.
March 23 Explore SDSU Open House.

@brandon2000 Where did you get this information? Thanks!

@CaliMck15 March 1 Housing License Agreement available. License agreement and $375 nonrefundable initial payment due by May 1 for on-campus housing.
March 2 Deadline to submit GPA Verification Form for a Cal Grant.
March 2 Deadline to file your Free FAFSA (financial aid application) as soon as possible. Be sure to use the IRS data retrieval option when completing your FAFSA to reduce errors and list SDSU’s federal school code (001151) on your FAFSA.
Mid-March Final financial aid award notice posted in AidLink for students who have been admitted and have completed their financial aid applications.
March 22 Explore SDSU Welcome Reception for Out-of-State Students
March 23 Explore SDSU Open House.
March 30 Weber Honors College application final deadline. After January 15, applications are accepted and evaluated on a space-available basis.
March Accept your offer of admission by submitting your online Intent to Enroll $400 nonrefundable deposit as soon as possible.
March The Educational Opportunity Program (EOP) begins mailing acceptance letters and First Contact program information.

From SDSU office of admission web page site. Hope this helps.

@Brandon2000 I only ask because they are typically one of the last CSUs to roll out admits, except to High Stats and OOS. This would be early (but welcome) if they started posted acceptances. For my daughter’s year (2017) they didn’t come out until the end of March and by that point she had to turn it down since she fell in love w another school. Fingers crossed that we see some students start posting they’ve been accepted soon!

Is anyone on the East Coast going to the Admitted Students Day in Washington D.C. tomorrow?

The East Coast admissions officer said today that there were 94,000 SDSU applicants this year (!)

How was the East Coast SDSU event @marniefaerie? That is a lot of new students!

@readthetealeaves that was the number of applicants this year! The event today went well, although I’m not sure if I’m really feeling sending my D 3000 miles away to college. ? We need to process!

Yes, SDSU had almost 70000 first time freshmen and over 24000 transfer applicants to lead the way for CSUs again.

Looks like they are sending acceptances to some local transfer students today, according to a transfer thread.

[quote=marniefaerie]

@marniefaerie I totally understand your position!

if it says that the last viewed date was in January, does that mean they already decided if I was admitted or denied?

is it bad if the admission status date is still in november?

Yeah, my admission status date is the date I applied which was in early October. It hasn’t changed

same @slongo100

Is it odd that my admission status date is February 7th?

My daughter’s is 2/6

From what I have read from past years, the portal date really means nothing. Don’t let that date stress you out. Some don’t change until the very date you’re admitted.

Hey guys i’m freaking out cause i still haven’t heard back from SDSU! what do you guys think my chances are?
GPA w: 4.69
GPA non-w: 4.0
SAT: 1320
Number 1 rank
6 AP 8 Honors & College Dual Credit Class
Major: Business Administration
I’m from SLO county in state