SDSU Class of 2023 Application Thread

Also Bay Area here- I was waitlisted with 4.03 GPA and 1560 SAT.

Just received email that my Webers application couldn’t be processed because I had not been admitted yet. I find this odd since the honors application specifically says that you don’t need to be admitted to apply. Letter says my Weber’s application will be considered after March admissions. So is the Jan. 15 early application deadline for Webers only open to early admits? If so, seems like that should be clarified when applying.

UC UW GPA: 3.97
UC WeightedCapped: 4.27
SAT: 1270
EI: 4686
Rigorous high school honors program + APs + Dual CC enrollment Jr./Sr. Year
Major: Zooology/pre bio

just got in to Weber! SoCal email + snail mail

So excited, got the invitation into Weber in the mail today!! Applied as a psychology major. Posting stats for reference:

34 ACT
4.48 GPA
Taken 10 AP classes

Does anyone know how much the Weber Honors College Scholarship is worth?

i got accepted in early but waitlisted for the honors college :frowning: not too surprised bc my transcript isnt that great b/c of failed math courses, and i reused my essay lol

gpa w: 4.1
gpa uw: 3.6
sat: 1390
11 ap classes
in-state

@PBJisMyFave Yeah I got that too, did you submit your SDSU app after November 30? Because I submitted mine at the December 15 deadline and I’m fairly sure that’s why I wasn’t eligible, I don’t think it affects admit chances tho

@jdecker9 I applied in mid November. I’m a little concerned that it affects admit chances to Webers since they strongly encouraged submitting by the Jan 15 deadline. Also, not being able to find out decision until mid April makes it more difficult to weigh options with other admissions. Oh well, this is a whacky process.

@clairebear4396 you can read more about the scholarship here - renewable for $1,000-$7500 annually
http://go.sdsu.edu/student_affairs/financialaid/academic-achievement-scholarships.aspx

My son got accepted on 12/13 and accepted in weber as well.

I haven’t got accepted, my application was last viewed in Jan. I’m majoring in linguistics, do you guys happen to know if it’s an impacted major?

As far as I know, all majors are impacted at SDSU. Here is a 2019-20 impacted program matrix published by CSU. All red marks are impacted majors.
https://www.calstate.edu/sas/documents/impactedprogramsmatrix.pdf

@jess16745: As @Kassie73 stated SDSU is an impacted campus and all majors are impacted. Only High Stat/Honors college invitees and some OOS applicants have been accepted in December. The majority of decisions will be coming out at the end of February through March.

How do you know when the application has last been updated or viewed?

@postjt13 when you log into your webportal, you go on the application status go all the way down and on Admission Status Date, you’ll see when was the last time they saw your application

@jess16745: Does that work for all Cal States?

@jess16745 The Admission Status Date changes? I thought it was the date you applied?

@readthetealeaves: I thought the same thing. Which is why I had to ask.

does anyone know when the final decision comes out?

@student5430: Decisions for SDSU could come out anytime between now and end of March. Since they have another record # of applicants along with the extension of the CSU application this year, it probably is taking them longer to get through all the applications. You will see this thread blow up with posts, once they start with the decisions.