SDSU Class of 2023 Application Thread

Hey @saraowens You can relax because SDSU is a safety school for you! Last year the average SDSU enrolled student had an Eligibility Index (EI) of 4408. Assuming your CSU weighted GPA is 4.2 (it’s listed on your application so you can check) your EI is 4680, well above the average enrolled student! You likely just barely missed the early notification cutoff in December for very high stats applicants.
With your high stats you could likely get into Cal Poly SLO. Oh, and since you are local to SLO you’d definitely get in because you get local admit points!.. although maybe you want a break from SLO county? Enjoy and congrads!!!

@GhidottiDad: SLO no longer considers local area preference for Freshman applicants but I agree @saraowens SDSU looks like a solid Match school. Best of luck.

thank you so much! i was starting worry but who knows if i get it or not! also yes slo does have the residency preference as well as we get preference to fresno state which i don’t know why. anyways thanks again :slight_smile: @Gumbymom @GhidottiDad

Sure! @saraowens Enjoy SDSU since you’re absolutely getting in!!!

Anybody know if the “financial aid estimates” SDSU recently sent out to everyone before admittance can be expected to stay the same if we get admitted?

Someone chance me please!! I’m so nervous

CSU GPA: 4.3
SAT: 1110
In State (Non-Local)
Major: Pre-Social Work

@batmanqueen You are a strong match and above the average person admitted last year. Your EI: 1110 plus 4.3 X 800 equals 4550. Last year’s AVERAGE was 4408 so lots got in below that 4408 EI. So Congrats!

Transfers are getting decisions…when will freshman decisions come? :wink:

x

x

Denied???
Gpa-3.73
major- business (information systems)
ADT: yes, but mot verified yet!
GE & prerqs completed this spring
Local- oc
wondering if i got rejected because my adt hasnt been verified

In my AidLink account things start appearing like "Payment, Postponements and Billing Information’’

under the Fall Tuition Fee

Tuition and Fee Payment Postponement - 2019-20

To register you have 2 options:
Pay your tuition and fees following the payment instructions in the “My Registration” section of your WebPortal account. Payment instructions are also available in the “Money Matters” section of the Student Account Services Website.

Sign up for the Basic Tuition Fee Installment Plan and pay the amount due in four installments, beginning with an initial payment of $800 plus a $60 service charge. Additional information and sign up instructions are in the “Online Services” section of the Student Account Services Website.
If you are required to pay out-of-state tuition, there is an additional Installment Plan for those charges.

Are you guys seeing the same things?

@goose15 yes, but I don’t think it means anything…

@Goose15 i think this is a solid sign. My D’s does NOT say this. instead it says:

Payment, Postponements and Billing Information
Am I eligible to postpone?
Fall Tuition Fees: No
Spring Tuition Fees: No
Summer 2019 Information
Student Account Services - Cashiers
Tuition bills- posted after your registration date is available
Housing bills - posted when the semester begins

I had a feeling since October that admissions had erred in their rvw of her ap -long story-and that she would be denied. gpa 3.93uw 4.18w sat 1320. oustanding ECs

so to me it seems like you have very likely been accepted. Let us know!!

@StacysMom24 if you click the Fall Tuition Fees NO button you will see the rest of the information. I think it is probably something everyone has…

@CaliMck15 u r correct. when no is clicked the verbiage comes up. sorry @Goose15

Did anyone’s admission status date change?.. Mine originally said November and now it says February 25, 2019

A general question, but I’m taking a different class than I had originally stated on my CSU application. I had originally planned on taking a programming in java course, but was unable to get into the class and instead am taking c++. The course is completely unrelated to my major and is transferable, I just wanted to know if it would give me any trouble with admissions. Thanks :slight_smile:

can someone chance me please??

GPA Weighted: 4.67
GPA Non W: 4.0
SAT: 1230
Rank 20 in Senior class
Major: PRE - BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION MARKETING
Already admitted to CSUF, CSULB, and CSUSM
California resident (Riverside County)

thank you! super paranoid and have been checking admission status every day now ):

@lucidtina: What is your CSU capped weighted GPA? Also calculate your Eligibility index. Link for both below;

https://www2.calstate.edu/apply/eligibility-index

An eligibility index of 4300+ can be competitive for SDSU.