SDSU Class of 2023 Application Thread

I STARTED ONE BECAUSE I COULDN’T FIND ONE, GOOD LUCK ON ADMISSIONS THIS YEAR YALL

;D

Can someone Chance me Please!!!

CSU GPA: 4.16
SAT: 1490
In State (Local)
Major: Business Administration.

You should be in Juicy.
Good luck!

DD applied last night.

CSU GPA: 4.04
ACT: 29
In State and in SDSU Local Service Area
Major: International Business - China and Far East

She is also applying for Weber Honors college. We’ll see how it goes, feel free to chance her for admissions.

Thank you and good luck to all!

DS applied

CSU GPA 4.15
SAT 1110
Major: Business Management
Out of State - Hawaii

Son
CSU GPA: 4.25
SAT: 1400
AP Scholar with honor
Major: Business management
In state (So Cal, not SD county)

Good luck all!

@Gumbymom would you mind weighing in on our chances? Especially applying for business major. Thanks!

@CALSmom and all other posters:
SDSU admits by eligibility index and major so (CSU GPA capped weighted x 800) + (SAT Math + EBRW). SDSU then ranks applicants by major and EI so each applicant is compared to the other applicants in their particular intended major.

So @CALSmom, your son’s EI calculates out to 4800. Your son is very competitive and I would surprised if he did not get accepted by December along with an Honor’s college invite.

If you look at EI’s from past year’s admission, an EI of around 4200+ used to be competitive for SDSU regardless of major (exception Nursing).

2018 Freshman Stats:
Average CSU GPA: 3.93
Average SAT: 1264
Average ACT: 27

So based on this data, the average EI was 4408 for this year’s Freshman class so that is # you want to aim to be competitive. There is still a wide variation in admitted EI’s but bar has been set higher from last year’s Freshman.

Thank you @Gumbymom :slight_smile:

Does anyone know any information about sdsu’s public health major.

I’m applying there and I have a 3.7 cal state gpa and 1400 SAT-in state. Hopefully, I can man make it with a el of 4360.

Gumbymom, mid-December is when SDSU normally sends out the first round of acceptances, correct?

mid-December is when acceptances for high stats applicants (all majors but Nursing) go out. these are the Weber honors invitees and OOS students. last year early acceptance notifications began 12/18. Nursing applicants traditionally don’t receive early acceptance.

Thank you. My daughter is OOS and 4820 EI which I assume is high stats? Not a nursing major. So should be within 3 weeks I guess!

^^^If they stay with the same decision dates as the last few years. Regular decisions went out late last year so you never know for sure. As SDSU continues to receive more and more applications, decisions could be delayed. .

I assume decisions may be delayed this year due to the Dec. 15 extension for applications. Last year I think most decisions came out late (April) due to glitches with the new Cal State Apply app. HOPEFULLY they won’t come out that late this year, as the Welcome weekend came before the decisions came out.

Chance me pls!
ACT: 36
CSU GPA: 3.25 (went to one of the top ten most competitive high schools in the country, had a loaded coursework, and was hospitalized often so I missed school a lot )
Top 9 % in the California from the Statewide path
Major: Computer Science
National Merit Semifinalist
AP Scholar with Distinction
In-state

Your EI is 1010. (3.25 x 200) + (36 x 10) = 1010. Your chances depend on which CSU’s you’re applying to, and the competition you’ll face in your chosen major, as they all admit by EI and major. Congrats on that awesome ACT score!!!

Chance me, plz
CSU GPA: 3.77
SAT: 1480
EI is 4496
Applying to: San Diego State
Major: Economics Quantitative Analysis
In State

Hi, does anyone know if early decisions(for OOS and high score applicants) will definitely be delayed due to the new 12/15 deadline, or is it possible that those who were able to apply earlier on may still find out before Christmas?