Seeking Advice on College Choices [international student; 4A*, 3A, 1B O-level; 2B, 1C AS-level; 1330 SAT]

I see, thats relieving

thankyouu

1 Like

yeah it includes everything

Valid question. I went back and added up the numbers provided, replacing the 12-month studio lease presented with basic housing then subtracting the summer expenses - but I don’t know how I found 38-40… I found tuition 33k, total with basic room&board 43k though housing varies from 6,400 to 10,100 a year; Blount&Honors would be 8,400 and Lakeview 9,200, and there are 2 meal plans (though the big one with 3 all you can eat meals a day + snacks seems really too much and the $1,000 savings if you take the silver Plan can go toward a LOT of food if OP is a growing boy who needs lots of food all day long. IMHO, the “Silver Plan” sounds perfectly adequate as long as OP eats a cereal bar or instant porridge for breakfast, “cooks” once or twice a week, and/or orders pizza once. Basically what most kids do AFAIK.)

In the end, regardless of how we add things up, OP with a 15k scholarship is within budget and even more so if he gets a 1360+SAT score for the 24k scholarship (which seems achievable from a 1330). His uncle is being very generous with the 35k and that goes a long way.

Thanks for all the number crunching. As for the meal plans, being a 18 year old girl , “Silver Plan” is more than enough lol. ill apply to UA and will try to score 1360+ in december SAT . If its works out i think this would be the best option

And don’t forget to apply to the Honors College.
Plus from UA you can easily go to your uncle’s for breaks if you wish to (though classmates may invite you over or there may be short trips planned for internationals
– at an additional cost.)

I wont! thankyouu again for all the advice. It means alot :blush:

When ours considered Alabama, a free short-term (maybe two or three weeks–I cannot recall) trip to Cuba was included/offered as an incentive. (Cannot recall if the offer applied to all Honors College students or just to University Fellows students.) (Student selected a different university.)

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. If you’d like to reply, please flag the thread for moderator attention.