Sent School letter with another schools name!

Hi

To put it lightly, I think I just fricked up big time and am kind of freaking out.

I sent an optional upload to two schools telling them about how my school has changed the schedule for this year due to Covid. I sent this letter to Brown first, and then sent it to Harvard. But after I uploaded it I noticed I accidentally left Brown in one of the lines. I already emailed to explain the situation to admissions, but did I just shoot my chances?? I wasn’t expecting anything anyway, but it would be kind of a shame to be out of the running this early.

Thank you and I appreciate any input on this

I don’t think you shot your chances. As long as you didn’t say “Brown is my first choice” instead of Harvard, or something along those lines, and it sounds like a pretty unimportant essay. I think you may have put your foot in your mouth, but I don’t think it is substantial. Colleges know you are looking at other schools too.

1 Like

It’s OK. They realize some errors occur. Look at this post from a while ago:

2 Likes

If you don’t get in thats probably not why. I’ve seen someone do the same thing to University of Southern California except they accidentally wrote University of South Carolina and they still got in. If anything it’ll make them throw more money at you if they want you!

1 Like

My mom just walked into my room to check on me bc I was laughing so loudly over this. THANK YOU this just made my day