Seton Hall? Salve Regina? East Stroudsburg? York College? Drexel? Rutgers? Temple?

<p>Hello @‌mjmansuria15
about the SAT : don’t put too pressure on yourself. Think of it this way, you only need to answer a few more questions right & that’s all it need to bring the CR score up from 490 to somewhere in the 500s.
Last year when my D took her SAT, she didn’t really have too much time to study for it. But she needed to bring up her CR score so I told her to do the following… I don’t know if she followed my instructions or not :</p>

<p>Do a quick practice of the CR section only.
Then work on just the questions that you did worng. Keep working on those until you get them correct.
The day before the test, do a quick review of everything ( CR, M & W )
Then get a good night sleep.
She said the SAT was even harder than the previous one she took but she got a few more questions correct.</p>

<p>about the ACT : there is a time limit for each section so you need to do them really fast. There is no penalty for wrong answer so if you really don’t know the answer, you can make an educated guess. </p>

<p>The test scores are only one part of the application. Your grades are important. Spend some time writing a good essay. 1st generation, diversity, volunteer exp. all play a part. Hope this helps. Good Luck.</p>

<p>mjmmansuria, I replied to your Marymount post as well. My daughter’s stats are similar to yours - 3.47 GPA and 1100 SAT. So far she has been accepted to Marymount, Edinboro and Robert Morris University. Have you considered Robert Morris? It is right outside of Pittsburgh (17 miles), so you would be close to a city and 77% white so a little more diverse (though not a whole lot).</p>

<p>Yes, I would imagine Edinboro would be much easier for admission than West Chester or Bloomsburg, among the PA. universities. The main reason is that it is in a less popular location, in the NW corner of the state.</p>

<p>Indiana U. of PA. is another good nursing program at a PA. State University. It is about an hour east of Pittsburgh. It is supposed to be a great town, but I’ve never been there. They also have an honors college with a separate application and separate housing. </p>

<p>The state owned universities in PA. are supposed to be given some more flexibility in setting their tuition prices. The expectation is that the most popular ones (such as West Chester) will increase their in-state and out-of-state tuition and the less popular ones (such as Edinboro) will decrease their out of state tuition. In the past, the tuition rates were the same for all of the state-owned colleges.</p>

<p>Edinboro is in the midst of a pilot program right now wherein they are offering in state tuition to out of state students (which my daughter is).</p>

<p>kjc2014, thank you so much!! I did consider Edinboro but the diversity ratio of that school is not really what I’m looking for. Also, its 6 hours away from my house, which would make going home on weekends quite difficult.</p>

<p>Is Robert Morris direct entry?? It’s also 6 hours away from my house but a bit more diverse than Edinboro… :confused: I may consider that school if it direct entry though, because I love Pittsburgh :slight_smile: </p>

<p>Indiana University of PA also has 79% white and 0% asian. It only accepts 7% of out of state students too. 5 hours is not TOO bad… </p>

<p>Is it really worth applying if I most likely won’t even like these schools though?</p>

<p>Robert Morris IS direct entry.<br>
Only you can answer your last question. I would just say there were a couple of schools on my daughter’s list that she probably won’t seriously consider, however, they were definite safeties and she/we just wanted to make sure she had a fallback if need be. It may be worth applying if their application is free, and then you can decide later. :)</p>