Shipping boxes from California for dorm move in before sorority rush

<p>Hi: My daughter will be a freshman at Bama and will move in on August 7 to Presidential Dorm before sorority rush. I am planning to ship ahead two large boxes and wanted to see if these can be held for her at Bama and then delivered to her dorm on move in day. Does anyone know?
If I can’t do this directly through the university can anyone recommend a private company I can ship the boxes to and pick up from this location before move in day? I would rather not deal with picking up the boxes, fitting them in a rental car and hauling them to her dorm if I can avoid this.
Any advice? Thank you! </p>

<p>The UA Mail Center in the Ferguson Center should be accepting packages in advance of move-in. You can contact them for specific details. <a href=“http://campusmail.ua.edu/ferguson.html”>http://campusmail.ua.edu/ferguson.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>If you have an eBay account, FedEx offers a discount on ground and express shipping (the FedEx Advantage savings program). This also means you can print shipping labels at home and not have to measure or weigh the packages as FedEx will do that at their sorting facility. Your credit card will be charged a week or so after the packages arrive. I used this method a lot when shipping boxes from the west coast to UA and it gave roughly a 20% discount off ground rates. Also remember that shipping to UA is considered to be shipping to a commercial address, so there is no residential delivery surcharge.</p>

<p>also…if you order from Walmart.com (which has a LOT more options than any store), they will hold the item at the store for two weeks or you can have the items shipped to UA (free if purchase total is $50+)</p>

<p>target.com will also ship…and if you have a red card, then it always ships for free…plus an extra 5% discount. the red card can either be a credit card OR a debit card tied to one of your accts.</p>

<p>Excellent - thanks you for the suggestions and advice, Sea Tide and Mom2collegekids. I appreciate your help -happy move-in day, everyone</p>