Should I apply to Texas A&M University Honors?

Hi!

I am a current high school senior looking into applying for the Texas A&M University Honors Program. I read on the website about the curriculum and the requirements to be a part of the program and I was wondering how much of a commitment it would be. I am a good student but I do not want to be overwhelmed with a significant additional workload and responsibilities on top of my regular studies.

If anyone has any experience with being in this program, I would love to hear how it went!

Thank you :slight_smile:

Have you asked this on Reddit? I bet you would get some worthy replies.

What is your major? Most say to go with major honors vs university honors. It is time consuming from what I understand.

1 Like

I want to major in computer science so I would be in the college of engineering.

Agree with @ChristiR93 … hands down, major/college honors over UH (University Honors) all day. Same top benefit-early registration-for both.
UH requires freshman to live in Lechner or McFadden, can’t select room or roommate, they don’t let UH applicants know until May, which messes up dorm selection. UH is known for a lot of busy work, time consuming & team building socials, plus it’s on a points system. It seems to be a hodge podge program, and many drop out after 1-2 years.
Major/college honors programs tend to have smaller classes, better advising. You rarely hear of anyone dropping out.
No harm in applying to both.
Like everything at TAMU, they’re very competitive programs. Very.

1 Like