Should I email AO about improved grades from first quarter report?

Hello!

I applied ED to Brown, and my counselor sent in my first quarter report. However, my school is on the semester schedule, so we don’t really have a formal quarter report. Instead, we have a pretty informal progress report (normally just for parents to check in and for teachers to give comments on progress), which is what my counselor sent in.

The problem is that the grades on my progress report for some classes are a little inaccurate because at the time my teachers hadn’t put all my grades. For example, my progres report has a B for math which is now an A with all the graded assignments actually in the system. (There’s a couple As that have become A+’s too, but I’m more so worried about the B)

Would it be annoying to email the college about this? Every other year in high school I’ve had all As, so I’m worried they’ll think I’m slacking off this year when that couldn’t be farther from the case.

Thanks in advance!

Yes. And the message that you want to send is not that you’re grade obsessed.

1 Like

Unless they ask - no

Did Brown ask for a first quarter report?

Please stop worrying about ONE B grade. If you don’t get accepted to Brown, it wont be because of one B grade.

And think about it…if every applicant emailed the admissions folks everytime their grades went up a little…yes…it would be more than annoying.

It’s an ED requirement for Brown, and per the original post has already been submitted. Since the school doesn’t do quarter grades, I’m assuming the counselor mentioned that it’s an informal snapshot in time.

2 Likes

I understand that! I guess I should clarify, I’m less worried about the B because it’s a B (I honestly wouldn’t really care if it were an accurate evaluation of my academics), I’m more so annoyed because the grade on the report is inaccurate to my actual grade at the time–maybe “corrected grades” is a better description than “improved grades”? The grades already existed, they just weren’t in the system at the time of the progress report because teachers usually don’t care to specifically get everything in order for the check, as it’s not supposed to be a formal declaration of grades.

Not sure if that changes anything? Either way, I’m probably not going to send that email since everyone here is saying it’s a bad idea. Thanks for the response!!

If anyone was going to do this it would need to be your school counselor, in my opinion.

3 Likes

That makes sense, thank you!!

Your school counselor 100% should do this.