Should I take AP Chemistry or AP Biology junior year?

hey!!! the time to put in course selection choices for my junior year is coming up and i’m having trouble picking a science. i want to take either ap chem or ap bio but i’m not sure which one. i want to take the one that’s going to be less time-consuming and tbh, easier lol as i’m not a stem person and i want to spend time outside of school focusing on my extracurriculars and not doing ridiculous amounts of science homework.

this year, i’m taking honors chem and last year i took regular bio bc it was the only ninth grade science course my school offered besides earth science. i’m finding chem rlly easy this year but my chem teacher has told us that ap chem is the hardest science and we’ll be doing upwards of an hour of hw every night for it, which worries me. on the other hand, i only did well in freshman bio because it was covid and we had take home open note tests and no final. so, I’ve retained nothing. also, the teachers at my school do have a tendency to overexaggerate how hard classes are (case in point, my global teacher last year telling us ap euro was a nightmare and it turned out to be not that bad), so my chem teacher might be doing a bit of that, too.

i’m planning on asking current juniors and seniors who took either what they thought of them, but i was also looking for some outside advice. so, would you recommend i take ap bio or chem and also if you’ve taken either of them and you’re not a stem person, what did you think?

My daughter took honors chem and honors bio as a Soph. She loved chem but did not take AP as it’s supposed to be the hardest class at their school. Did great in AP Bio. Definitely talk to older students for advice!

I took AP Chem as freshman and I take AP Bio as senior. I am more into the physical sciences but AP Bio has not been horrible. Just lots of memorization.