Should I transfer to A&M

<p>I currently attend Emory University in Georgia, and I am considering transferring to A&M as a psychology major or an Agleader/Nutrition major. I worked really hard at Emory, but my grades don't seem to show it, and the cost of living is expensive there. My friends from high school who had similar grades to mine now have very high gpa's at A&M as business and liberal arts majors. Should I transfer to A&M in hopes of making better grades? I still need to take biology and physics, and I will be a junior in the fall.</p>

<p>Whoa partner. That might be a huge degrade from Emory, essentially an ivy leave pretty much…:frowning: What is your gpa?? I think if it is above a 3.3 then that is better than a 3.3-3.5 at A and M. Pm me! Actually Emory has been one of my top schools…I am a rising senior.
But I think you should definitely stay at Emory.</p>

<p>I think you should transfer unless you’re rich and don’t like the A&M name.</p>

<p>And to the above, no - the higher GPA, the better.</p>

<p>saye329, I’m new to college confidential and don’t know anything about it, but I tried to reply to your private message, and college confidential wouldn’t let me because I don’t have 15 posts yet. Do you want me to reply to your private message on here?</p>

<p>Sure that’s fine</p>

<p>My gpa is in the low 3’s, and I’ve made mostly B’s at Emory. I took 10 AP classes in high school and made mostly A’s, but I didn’t do well on the AP tests. There was a lot of grade inflation at my high school. I like the people, the environment, the size, and the professors at Emory. The only things I don’t like about it is the cost of living and the competition. It seems that a large portion of students want to go to medical school, which can be both good and bad. It’s good in the sense that you can easily find friends to help you on your pre-med track. The students there seem to be just as friendly and enthusiastic to help as students at A&M. I wish I knew how difficult some of the classes were before I decided to attend Emory. I don’t think I was prepared for some of the classes I took. If you’re doing well in high school, and you’re willing to work hard every day, then I think you will do well there. You should study for organic chemistry during the summer or before you take the class.</p>

<p>transferrings, have you considered podiatric medicine? </p>

<p>[Student</a> Doctor Network Forums](<a href=“http://■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■/attachment.php?attachmentid=21886&d=1354586248]Student”>http://■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■/attachment.php?attachmentid=21886&d=1354586248)</p>

<p><a href=“http://www.aacpm.org/html/careerzone/pdfs/AACPM%20CIB-2013%20Entering%20Class.pdf[/url]”>http://www.aacpm.org/html/careerzone/pdfs/AACPM%20CIB-2013%20Entering%20Class.pdf&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>Or maybe you’re retaking classes to boost your GPA for DO schools?</p>

<p>Do you want to transfer to A&M because it will save you $$$ or because you think it will be easier at A&M and help you get your GPA up? I saw what you posted in another forum, and it seems like you just did bad in that class. It’s not the end of the world because you did bad organic chem. It’s a difficult class especially at Emory. I would not transfer just because you did bad in that class. You still have two more years and that gives you plenty of time to get your GPA up.</p>

<p>Hillo, thank you for the suggestions. FlyEagle17, I want to transfer to A&M for both reasons. I know that a lot of majors and classes at A&M (biochem, calculus, engineering, etc.) are harder than those at Emory, but I have not done well in other courses either. I made B’s in 100-200 level psychology courses as well as in introductory history and social studies classes. I’ve taken some of the easiest at Emory, and my gpa is still low. Maybe if I majored in something considered easy at A&M, it will be easier than at Emory? I don’t know about physics or biology though. Please let me know if you have any advice, experience, or opinions!</p>

<p>Major in biology like I am because of those 120 credits, 13 are Free Electives (which are any leftover Emory credits).</p>

<p><a href=“http://www.bio.tamu.edu/UGRADINF/2012Degrees/BS%20Biology%20cat%20135%202012-2013.pdf[/url]”>http://www.bio.tamu.edu/UGRADINF/2012Degrees/BS%20Biology%20cat%20135%202012-2013.pdf&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>You don’t need to take the Engineering Calculus and Physics courses as a Biology major (lol, I did as an ex-BME major).</p>

<p>I’ll show you how to study for biology courses if you come over :p</p>

<p>Upper-level biology courses will also prepare you for medical/podiatry school (like histology and pharmacology - two courses rarely offered at other universities).</p>

<p>Honestly, I do believe that you could apply to professional school next year.</p>

<p>Thanks Hillo! I was actually considering DO school and dentistry, but I think dentistry is just as competitive as medical school.</p>

<p>Yea, dental schools are selective AND expensive.</p>

<p>Luckily, I’m a Texas resident ;D
I’m going to apply to a Texas dental school with a 3.83 science GPA and over 2,000 hours of extracurricular activities… yep.</p>

<p>If you didn’t know yet, DO schools replace the better grade over the worse grade when calculating your GPAs.</p>

<p>Thanks Hillo for your advice! I didn’t realize how helpful college confidential could be. Your gpa and extracurricular activities are really impressive! I think you will definitely be accepted. I don’t know if I want to be a biology major. It seems hard, and at this point, I need to do anything I can to try to raise my GPA. Do you know any majors that are known for higher average gpa’s? Also, I hope I didn’t offend anyone with my comments on A&M. I do respect this school. It is one of the top 3 in Texas and known worldwide for many of its programs. I just thought that since there are more students and more diversity, the grading curves would be better. At Emory, most students who are not econ or business majors are pre-med. Since there’s more diversity at A&M, the students in my classes might try harder in subjects relevant to their career goals. Also, I made the assumption that it could possibly be easier based on a small number of people. They probably just didn’t work as hard in high school. I’m a Texas resident as well so the cost would be less at A&M.</p>

<p>saye329, I don’t know how helpful my opinons were for you, but someone with the username bernie12 seems very intelligent and seems to know a lot about Emory. He or she may be able to help you out more.</p>

<p>According to [Easiest</a> Major at A&M? | Academics | Forums | TexAgs](<a href=“Easiest Major at A&M? | TexAgs”>Easiest Major at A&M? - Page 2 | TexAgs), Ag Leadership does sound appealing.</p>