Should I withdraw my ED2 to WashU?

ED2 results at WashU will be released on Feb 10th. We just received email today that states "The wait is almost over. We’ll release admissions decisions for applicants in the Early Decision II round late afternoon on February 10. Keep an eye on your inbox, and we’ll send an email when it’s time to log in "

In my opinion, you will get accepted ED2 to WashU. Just an educated hunch. You will not get accepted RD if you withdraw your ED2 application. I’m trying to give you a tight, but realistic, framework from which to look at the situation.

4 Likes

Yup, got this mail as well. Looks like its even sooner

It’s honestly quite plausible - just a question: if AOs have already gone over my profile and (hypothetically) admitted me, would changing now still make a difference?

Hello everyone

I’ve made up my mind about the ED2 and I am going to be drafting a letter requesting a change to the RD round. Having re-read this thread a few times, just a few things here I want to make clear
WashU is still one of my top choice schools, and had I the option to pick between solely WashU and GTech, I would have picked WashU, in all likelihood (reasons in #53 and #84). But what ultimately convinced me is the option of choosing. I do have many options in my RD round that can offer me what WashU can (including WashU) and I actually do want to see where I get in;)
That will mean a month more of choosing later, but I’ve always been someone who likes to keep my doors open till I can be a lot surer so that gives me more confidence in my decision. And also, I’m sure all the very, very helpful people on this amazing site will be able to help me out again when it comes to that:)

I’d appreciate any suggestions as to what I can or should add in my letter to the AO, if you have any.

Thanks once again for all the insights and advice and I will definitely keep everyone posted!

17 Likes

@SamSB
So, what was your ED2 outcome?

He said he was withdrawing from ED2and would change to RD so too soon for a decision, right?

2 Likes

OP: Any update?

2 Likes

I didn’t get into WashU RD but I did get some other decisions, which I’ll make a new thread to talk about. I didn’t really expect WashU but the important thing is I don’t think I regret changing.

12 Likes

Yes, pls share where you are thinking of going! And glad you feel you made the right choice. You made the BEST choice you could given the information you had at the time. That’s all we can do!

3 Likes

Here’s the link to the thread I made that lists my choices and options - I’d appreciate any advice at all. Thanks once again for all the help!