So how much of a 'maybe' am I?

<p>Heres the thing: </p>

<p>Loyola is my first choice for a lot of reasons...I live in chicago, i have two family members currently enrolled at its grad law school and im a generally smart person and for its curriculum etc...plus i have recieved strong recommendations from my family members..</p>

<p>the problem is, my act is pretty average, i retook it in october and got a 24 composite... =( (the reason for this is b/c i couldnt take prep classes because...)</p>

<p>during the summer of my freshman year, my family was facing financial hardships, plus my aunt (she lives in asia) was diagnosed with stomach cancer..so my mom called off from work (she has two jobs and is a major income source in my family) and took me with her over the summer, my aunt passed away that august, my mom stayed for an extended period to take care of her 11 year old daughter (my cousin) i came back and i began working to provide financial support..i worked after school and on weekends and this had MAJOR impact on my grades and now my gpa is sadly 2.6-2.7...it was a tough, physical job =(((</p>

<p>i've quit my job and my grades are going back up..but even straight a's can't bring my gpa up in time for what gpas loyola takes</p>

<p>i really, really, really don't wanna do community college..what should i do.. and would loyola consider any of this? my act isn't THAT bad and the lowest they've ever taken is a 17!!!! </p>

<p>plus i've taken 4 years of foreign language, 4 years of science and am currently taking honors anatomy, i've had 2 years of honors english..did student government my first year.. and plus my school is known to have a very challenging and rigorous curriculum..(it's a rich suburban school) i have completed and actually done more coursework than they require</p>

<p>im sooo scared of appyling cuz i dont wanna get rejected =(
tips? suggestions? i have a teacher recommendation and counselor recommendation and have explained all of this in a personal statement</p>

<p>apply to an easier program… you might have a shot.</p>

<p>Have you applied? Did you get in? I think you should give it a shot and see. Im sure you will get it!</p>