Social life at A&M?

<p>I'm really curious how the social aspect of A&M is; so if anyone on here knows anything bout it or has any tips i'd really like to hear them.</p>

<p>As social as any University with 50K students (;</p>

<p>that number is really big… is that going to give me more choices of meeting people or do you think it’ll make it harder to really get to be friends with people?</p>

<p>It should be easy to meet and be friends. Everyone has problems first semester, it takes some time - my daughter has continued to meet people and enlarge her circle of friends. 2nd year was better and now even better in 3rd year.</p>

<p>From the A&M junior in my family and students at other large schools, the best thing to do is join things you are interested in and GET INVOLVED! It takes time to build relationships and get to know people. The ones who don’t seem to like their college seem to be those who stay in their rooms.</p>

<p>Best wishes!</p>

<p>I can’t give much but I will say this, my S was accepted for fall 2012 and we went down this past Sunday for a campus/residential hall tour on Monday. Sunday afternoon we walked the campus ourselves, went to dinner, etc. Went on the tour Monday with several other families and I can say that I left with a great respect for the school and the current/prospective students. We left Monday afternoon and my S had already began developing friendships with not only the incoming students he was touring with but also several current students. My son is an outgoing person and I know that is a plus but he met and has already been invited back by students who offered to help him “get to know” others via their friends, etc. Needless to say, he is very excited. We spoke to many current students and every single one that we were around said that they loved the school. They also said that dorm living is a must freshman year because you gain so much by being on campus, around others and have the opportunity to get involved in something…anything.</p>

<p>FWIW, I went to a medium-small high school and then went to one of the largest public universities in the country (not TAMU). It was the best thing I ever did, socially as well as academically. At the small school, I was put in a pigeon hole right away and then stuck with it for four years. At the big school, if I didn’t like the people I was with, there was always completely new people to meet just down the hall, or up a flight, or across campus. Whatever. I loved it. YMMV. Good luck whatever you decide!</p>

<p>You will have friends no matter who you are and what you like. If you reach out, students will reach to you as well. Texas A&M is the FRIENDLIEST University in the US, with the one exception, if you are a student at tu, then you may not receive a nice welcome. But chances are you are looking to be an AG and you will be well accepted no matter what you look like or your views are!</p>