Social life at TCU

<p>Can current students or alumn chime in on the social life at TCU? I understand it is very Greek. Is there a lot of drinking during pledging, Hell Week, etc.? </p>

<p>Is there a college town area close to campus with bars, book stores, coffee houses, etc?</p>

<p>I couldn’t give you a solid opinion on the greek life more than what I have heard from other but as a Fort Worth native I can tell you that TCU has a great relationship with the town and the college area surrounding the campus is very nice. </p>

<p>Although the “TCU section” of Fort Worth does not stretch very far, there are definitely plenty of shops, restaurants, bookstores, and a few bars very close to campus. The university bookstore (run by Barnes and Nobles) is the hub of these few streets and right across the street is some of the best food you will ever eat (Fuzzy’s tacos), as well as a few bars and small music areas. TCU is very much in a great part of town and everything in Fort Worth is accessible within a short drive, a car would probably be needed on campus though.</p>

<p>Thanks TFM. How about the rilvary between SMU and TCU? Is that a weird thing because there are two small private schools… pretty similar to each other and very close to each other?</p>

<p>Except SMU is harder to get into.</p>

<p>actually seniorrr11 may not be correct. just this year, tcu has become the 2nd most competitive school in texas, right behind rice university! and as far as school spirit and sports go, tcu has MUCH more of that!!! can you say rose bowl champs?! i have also found tcu students to be less “stuck up” than smu students, after all, they say their mascot is a mustang…as in the car… haha. but i cant speak for everyone there</p>

<p>both have beautiful campuses, and are good schools. but in my opinion, i see NO competition between the two schools, tcu all the way. maybe that’s just b/c everyone in my family has gone to tcu :slight_smile: lol</p>

<p>lalax123 – are you from Texas?</p>

<p>The social life at TCU is pretty much limited if you are non-Greek or not affluent.</p>

<p>Are there dorm parties? Do kids go to the basketball games? Are intramurals popular?</p>