Sorority Rec Question – Some Electronic? Transcript or No?

My D will be participating in recruitment, and she is in the process of putting her packets together. It appears from the UA Panhellenic site that the materials are to be MAILED in to each sorority, to the address provided at each chapter link. Is that correct? My daughter has prepared the pre-addressed envelopes for her packets. But one of her recommenders informed us recently that her sorority (she is not a UA alum) handles everything electronically, and has requested only electronic copies of the resume and pictures. Can anyone shed some light on this? @ahpimommy @Southlander @swim4school

Second question: is a transcript required as part of the packet or not? (Weighted and unweighed GPA, class rank, and list of AP classes are listed on the resume). Again, the UA Panhellenic site appears to say yes, but we have received some conflicting information on this as well.

Thanks!

Hi Texas! I know of no sorority that would refuse to take a paper rec from a 60+ year old member (or any age) who doesn’t want to or can’t use a computer. That said, some sororities want them all electronic, some don’t. I would scan everything in as a PDF and keep it on your computer. Ask your rec writer how she would prefer that it be sent - paper or e-mail only. When in doubt, give them paper and add a note that you can provide items electronically. That should cover all your bases.
Transcript - Panhellenic uses what the university uses - weighted. I’d go with that. I would include with the packet, even though the school year is not yet finished. . Once you get a final transcript after graduation, send an updated copy to your rec writers.Your daughter will also be able to upload it at recruitment registration. After she registers, she can go back in and edit or change things, up to a certain date (not sure what the date is, but it’s in July).
Roll Tide!

When we did this last year, we had only 2 recommenders ask for electronic, the rest were hard copy. We did send all recommenders hard copies, even those we also sent electronic packages to, just so they could review it in hard copy. Transcript is a must for the recommender. Do not wait until the end of the year to send it, just use the half year ones.

Thanks! I think I remember seeing an older thread discussing the uploading of an official transcript in connection
with filling out the recruitment registration online. Is this still current practice? If so, then is this the transcript that is forwarded to each of the chapters?

Yes, it’s still the practice. The chapters’ recruitment officers have access to the registration documents. Alumnae often like to see the transcript before signing off on their recommendation. A couple of sororities require copies to be submitted with the recommendation. Right now, you can give your rec writers copies of the transcript as it stands right now. After graduation, you can follow up with a copy of the final transcript. They can check it over and forward to their chapters.