Sorority Recruitment Details and QUESTIONS

<p>So, they each are assigned to a Rho Chi group alphabetically by last name. Right?</p>

<p>The Ice Water Tea Round: they will visit each house over a two day period. WHEN do they get the schedule that tells them which houses / which days, and assigns them their Rho Chi? Friday night at The Convocation??? Or will the Rho Chi contact them before Recruitment begins???</p>

<p>Generally, Round One seems pretty straight forward, as everyone is going to every house during the first round.</p>

<p>But in subsequent rounds, when PNMs are going to different sets of houses, how does that work? Does each RHo Chi group get assigned to a specific slot at each house and the PNM only attend the parties in those slots to which she has been invited??? Is this why girls end up sitting in tents waiting???</p>

<p>Or does the computer assign the PNMs specific times to attend each party which would mean they would not be attending with their RHo Chi group in later rounds???</p>

<p>Yes, you are right. Rho Chi groups are assigned by last name. The PNMs are divided into groups at convocation. They will also get their tshirts. When I went through the Rho Chis called us a week or so before recruitment to answer any questions. I am guessing we will be doing the same this year.</p>

<p>For the first two days, the Rho Chi groups walk to each house together. </p>

<p>Each group has an assigned “home base”. This is where they will meet each morning to pick up their schedules, at lunchtime and at the end of the day. They can also use this area as a place to hang out during breaks.</p>

<p>After Ice Water Teas the girls are responsible for getting to their parties on their own since everyone in the group will have a different schedule. There will be Rho Chis at each house to get them ready and put them in order. The computer system schedules a PNMs parties.</p>

<p>Approximately how many Rho Chi groups are there,and how many girls are in each group? I know that this will depend on how many girls sign up for Recruitment, but let’s assume 2000 girls sign up. I did hear something about the Fire Marshall dictating how many girls are in each group . . .</p>

<p>I would guess there will be 80 +/-10 girls in each group, so around 25 groups.</p>

<p>Katie…aren’t there like 3 rho chi’s per group though…it’s been that way in the past I think…at least that’s what I remember. Thanks for answering thses questions I was hoping you would chime in. Hope you have a great senior year!!!</p>

<p>No problem! Yeah, there will be three per group, some might have four. It just depends on how the numbers divide up.</p>

<p>Thank you! :slight_smile: I wanted the parents and PNMs to know that they will get a little more personal attention than 80 to 1. Any word on the Greek chic mags…will they come out on time this year? Will rho chi’s be calling again before the PNMs leave for recruitment to touch base and answer any questions? Do we know the size of the tote bags that PNMs cac carry for recruitment? Any advice on this? Sorry to pick your brain but I get asked thses questions all the time and thought since you were willing to post you might cove this…</p>

<p>Oh yeah! Within each rho chi group there are subgroups, one for each rho chi. PNMs will go to their subgroup rho chi at the beginning and end of each day to pickup and drop off nametags. </p>

<p>All I know about Greek Chic is what it says on the UA Panhellenic site. It says they should have started to be sent out yesterday, but I dont know if that actually happened. It also says that an online version would be available in June, but it isn’t up there yet.</p>

<p>I have not heard if we are calling girls before recruitment, but I am thinking we will. I got a call when I went through a few years ago, and I don’t see why they would change that.</p>

<p>I haven’t heard of there being a size restriction on the bag PNMs can carry, but know you will be responsible for carrying it around all day. Don’t bring your favorite Coach or Michael Kors bag! It doesn’t matter. I have seen girls use those drawstring backpacks or cloth tote bags. When choosing a bag, remember that it will be left outside of the houses in the front lawns. Also, if it rains it might get wet. So it might be a good idea to put phones, make up, cameras, etc. in plastic bags if it looks like it might rain.</p>

<p>Thanks so much Katie!!</p>

<p>If it DOES rain, will girls be allowed to carry umbrellas all the way up to the front door of each house? Or, if they wear a raincoat, can they wear it inside and hang it???</p>

<p>I know rain was a big issue last year … so how best should a PNM prepare for it? Suggestions?</p>

<p>To be honest, I am not exactly sure what will happen in the rain. If it gets bad enough they will pause recruitment and the PNMs sit in the entryway of the house they are at. If it just sprinkling they should be fine. All of the houses have tents in front of them. That will keep them pretty dry, but it is not a bad idea to have an umbrella for the walks between houses. I am prety sure there will not be a place to hang up rain jackets inside. I would just stick to the umbrella.</p>

<p>Great info. Thank you!!!</p>