Southwest Airfare Sale

<p>For those of you looking for a sale fare for a visit, Southwest released at midnight their winter sale fares. </p>

<p>Purchase from October 18 through October 20, 2011, 11:59 pm Pacific Standard Time. Travel November 30 through December 14, 2011 and January 4 through Feburary 15, 2012.</p>

<p>0 - 450 Miles $35
451 - 1,000 Miles $65
1,001 - 1,500 Miles $95
1,501 - and up $125</p>

<p>[List of Fares](<a href=“http://www.southwest.com/html/promotions/low-fares-right-call-popup.html”>http://www.southwest.com/html/promotions/low-fares-right-call-popup.html</a>)</p>

<p>Might book spring semester flights as those are in the sale window. Is Jan 8 When most people fly back. Too bad it wont work for Dec</p>

<p>Thank you for this!! I just re-booked my flight to New Orleans for the National championship game and now have a $50 credit. </p>

<p>I thought getting a roundtrip flight for $279 was good when I booked a few weeks ago. Now I’m really pleased with a $229 flight. All we need now is for Bama to hold up their end of the bargain and get in the game :-)</p>

<p>I also re-booked lil bro’s end of semester flight and got a $64 credit for him. Shame those fares weren’t good through 12/16 but it worked for his return flight in January.</p>

<p>Yes, thank you! I just booked a trip to visit UA from Chicago for $130 roundtrip!!! </p>

<p>The fair was so cheap that my daughter is coming to take a look too. She’s at a Big 10 but is sooooo excited for her brother to go to UA. She told him that she loves Bama’s colors, mascot, football team, and weather. </p>

<p>Roll Tide!</p>

<p>Thank you for this post, Class2012Mom! I have been following the SW fares to book my son’s Christmas break trip and saved a bundle on his return fare.</p>

<p>Thanks! Just got a $92 credit for DD holiday flight.</p>

<p>Stupid question: what’s the airport closest to UA that Southwest flies to?</p>

<p>Birmingham</p>

<p>NJBama, I’m also planning on being in New Orleans to see Alabama win number 14. However, since I’m planning on going to Las Vegas beforehand and am flying airlines that assess change fees, I need to know for sure if UA is going to the National championship before purchasing tickets. Even then, I have not considered where I would stay in Nola or how I would get a ticket for the game.</p>

<p>Fare sales like these are great excuses to visit other parts of the country. Since the sale fares are valid for travel starting January 4th and UA’s shuttles from BHM to Tuscaloosa are on the 9th and 10th, there is time to schedule a quick vacation before heading back to UA.</p>