Spring 2017 transfer to Texas A&M(anyone else?)

@laura95 I’m addicted to checking! It’s my new hobby! Yes I finished all the required courses (just the math 141 and 142 were really required) and most of my core curriculum (will be done with those in Dec). I also took a “RPTS” class at OSU which kind of directed me to this major at ATM.

@ssppiikkeerr I read somewhere that AIS is usually updated on Wednesday. So probably tomorrow.

@Aggie1997 I hope so! Even when you get your tabs, it’s still nerve racking.

@ssppiikkeerr so true

From what I have seen, people have said it updates around 5am. Mine updated between 1:30am and 6:15am. I too, was addicted to checking. I think official decision letters will be out by Friday

@AgMedic94 as in denials as well? Do you know if Howdy updates a certain way if not accepted? I literally may break down if I don’t get in. It’s my only choice.

if you arent accepted in your first choice then it will show second choice in howdy. If you dont get into your second choice then only AIS will update. I’ve already applied before so I already know how it works.
@1wannabanagE

@amandakate11 have you heard yet this time around? What’s your major, etc.?

So if I got my tabs updated and my first choice major is shown in Howdy and AIS then I got accepted into my first choice major, correct?

@gigemhopeful 99% yes. Though, no confirmation until its official.

no not yet, im majoring in nutrition. @1wannabanagE

@amandakate11 Oh that’s right. Totally forgot you mentioned that before. Sorry! The thread has grown.

1st choice: Enviro Geosciences 2nd: Biology. 1st choice major is nowhere in AIS anymore and my app is in review for my 2nd choice… I saw someone has their tabs in Howdy as a Bio major… Should I be worried? Does tamu review apps for both majors just to see what credits will better fit in both degree plans?

While my son was not a transfer student, when he was accepted, his AIS said “Congratulations-You’re Admitted” in red letters across the top of the page. His acceptance letter could be found on the AIS by clicking the tab “My Communications”, then clicking “My Letters”. He said he never did see where it said he was accepted in Howdy bur he checked his AIS a lot more than checking Howdy.

My son checked his every morning and throughout the day, just in case. It became a hobby too, and I think he did find his out one morning before school, so it must have some over night sometime.

If you tweet, another great resource is Aggie Admissions Twitter @AggieBound They answer a lot of questions every day.

Good Luck to you all.

Anyone get anything today? I didn’t. Nothing changed.

@vivasol From my understanding your first major reviews you and makes a decision. Then if they deny you, they send documents to the 2nd choice to review. So I’m going to assume Bio just got your information and hasn’t had a chance to review and make a decision. Admissions office only looks to be sure you have what you need to qualify for TAMU transfer. Make sense?

Still nothing.

nothing for me either

My AIS homepage no longer lists Petroleum Engineering as my 1st choice major. Instead my 2nd choice (aerospace) is listed as both 1st and 2nd. Does this mean I was denied admission into the petroleum engineering program?

I asked on the a&m FAQ’s and they said: Majors frequently change during the admissions review process. This enables each major to have the opportunity to review your file.

@csesh115 it would appear that you were denied by petroleum But the fact both 1st and 2nd now show Aero then I would say you will soon get an acceptance from them.

@pokerunner Have you heard anything from COSC?