Stanford Admissions for Applicants Fall 2022

Edited: found the announcement on their Instagram!

2 Likes

It would be interesting if rejected applicants were not able to see it. Perhaps it could be for deferred/accepted ones. Nah this is too good to be true.

I would probably pass out on the floor if my kid got into Stanford. Lol :joy: smart kid but there is so little chance. Especially test optional. The interesting thing is how admissions are going this year. I see crazy high stats not getting into places like Madison (my kid was deferred and then rejected) but at the same time was waitlisted at Northwestern and got a scholarship at Syracuse. None of this makes sense anymore!

8 Likes

Maybe yield protection

1 Like

I think you are correct.

Can everyone edit their addresses on their Stanford portal ?

Yes I can. Since I can do it, everyone would be able to do it.

Question for a family friend. Their student got into Stanford (wowsers!) but also USC and USC has sweetened the pot with a full ride and Trustee scholarship. Has in-state option as a third option that would actually generate money back for grad school as the student is a National Merit Scholar. But is there any room to negotiate with Stanford to see if they are willing to offer any scholarships? Who would they even call? Dean of the program admitted? Admissions? Financial Aid? Full costs at Stanford are highly likely as the family has two wage earners but I think with a half or even quarter scholarship, the student would be more inclined to attend Stanford. Thoughts? Suggestions on negotiating? Prior experiences? And should she mention the USC scholarship or is that considered offensive to the Stanford crowd? Thank you in advance for any help!

I don’t have experience YET, BUT I am writing two letters of appeals for two different schools this week. Usually if you google a letter of appeal for that school, they will have it somewhere on their website. You have to have VERY specific reasons why you should get it.
Like loss of income !

2 Likes

Don’t mention USC at all would be my first bit of advice.

8 Likes

Might be very difficult when you are talking about Stanford, because someone else will happily take their spot. Might be the only school I would happily take a loan out for. Lol

5 Likes

Stanford offers need-based aid. There is no negotiation with another college’s merit offer, only with a peer school’s need-based offer.

Stanford’s response will be, “We wish you all the best at USC.”

12 Likes

Hello. Any official word on RD notification specific date?

April 1, 7 pm ET

2 Likes

Means nothing, but I find it interesting how the article that is linked in rejection letters (every year) says “Amended April 1, 2022”: https://admission.stanford.edu/LosAngelesTimesArticle/

3 Likes

does anyone not have the update application button anymore

In my opinion, it’s still too early for all that

1 Like

it will probably start to work few hours before the release.

The update application button is still there. It looks like my DS’ application has not been touched at all.

Same here