Starting a thread for Class of 2023 (Fall 2019 start)

Update: they have discontinued the Presidential fly in program.

Don’t TRUST St. Olaf to deliver your merit scholarship
My daughter is a Senior at St. Olaf and only needed part-time (2/3) in her last semester to graduate - they TOOK AWAY HER MERIT SCHOLARSHIP that semester because she wasn’t full time. There’s NO MENTION anywhere in their scholarship documentation of this. We expected this to be cut in half (commensurate with the PT tuition at 1/2) - but not eliminated.
BUYER BEWARE!

@12345mom oh lordy

Seriously, do you know how ridiculous you look posting this a million times? If you’d paid attention to the rules you wouldn’t be in this situation.

The rules are SPELLED out. Let us remind you AGAIN:

“Your financial aid award is based on full-time enrollment. At St. Olaf, full-time status is defined as 3 or more credits per semester, with 4 credits being the normal course load. If, at any time during a term, you consider dropping to a course load of less than 3.0 credits, contact the Office of Financial Aid to determine the changes that might be made to your financial aid award.”

woohoo! In!!! Just got notice of acceptance.

Holy moly, I’m an Ole!! I got really good merit aid too!

D accepted today with Service Leadership award. She’s very excited!

D accepted with Faculty Scholarship of $15K per year.

Congratulations new Potential Oles!

I got in on 1st March. I am an international from Pakistan. There was no mention of any scholarship that I was awarded on the applicant status page. How did you guys get your scholarship info? Was it in a admission packet which was sent via snail mail or was it online as well. I am anxious because I applied for substantial aid, but there wasn’t any information regarding scholarships. It was mentioned that my aid package will be emailed on 1st april and my admissions packet will be mailed next week. Please help.

@sheikhmujtaba1 my son got merit scholarship with his acceptance. However, Saint Olaf hasn’t released any financial aid (need based) packages yet for RD applicants. My son was accepted late January and they were going to release FA a couple weeks later but there has been a hold up for some reason. So I guess we all need to be patient.

@sheikhmujtaba1 My son got his merit scholarship with his acceptance as well. It was detailed on the web page announcing his acceptance. Based on past years for RD applicants, I am assuming FA packages will be released for US applicants March 15-19th and I guess later for international and that is where you would see the St. Olaf grant aid and other aid components that might be available for international students.

@MusakParent if and when you hear anything regarding the FA scholarships, please let us know.

We get an email every day from the post office showing the day’s mail. I see a letter (envelope, not a post card) from St. Olaf arriving today. Am wondering what it is!

Will do! I hope everyone who attended a scholarship day had a good experience! :slight_smile:

DS was accepted a few weeks ago and got his FA package (on his portal) Friday evening.

@kokotg did you get an e-mail alerting you to that? My kid was accepted Feb 1. I dug back through my e-mail and it said to expect FA information by March 15.

@MusakParent yeah, he got the same e-mail awhile back saying FA was delayed and would be in my March 15, but then last Friday evening he had another e-mail saying there was an update to his portal, and the FA was there.

My son was accepted and this college is among his top couple of preferred schools. I hope to learn more about this college as I know less about it than he does.

I got in! Idk what you want in terms of stats, but you can message me if you have questions. I had a 1460 superscore for the SAT, did a bunch of extracurriculars (lots of leadership), my essays were good
that’s pretty much it.

FWIW, my D19 did not get her financial aid letter yet. She was accepted in early February, so it appears they may be rolling them out? Of course, she was just at the Buntrock weekend a few days ago, and literally created her St. Olaf admitted student account last night in order to check on a possible financial aid letter, so that may (or may not) have something to do with not getting it yet. I understand they said March 15, but she enjoyed her weekend, so it would be nice to have the financial aid offer in hand a few days before the rest of her admissions decisions trickle in after the 15th.

Got a probable Ole in our house, too! DS hasn’t committed yet; just awaiting hearing from the last few schools, but we loved our recent visit there, and it seems like a great fit. Excited!