Stony Brook Fall 2023 Admission

My teen submitted his application to SB in Nov and was asked to submit his mid-term grades which his high school just did early this week. Based on the threads I’ve been seeing here, his grades are above average but not outstanding. He did take a summer program in SB last July and have amazing recommendations from his teachers, and including one from an esteemed SB alum. Can anyone share what might be his chances in getting accepted?

#stressedoutmom

I hope you have heard back! My daughter did get into SB for fall 2023 if I can help with any questions. Good luck!!

Congratulations @Mrspuma !!!
What program did your daughter get into / what are her stats? We still have not heard back. We applied during free week and my son is looking to get into the marine biology program.

Thanks! She was accepted as an English major. She has a 97 average, 5 AP, 2 SUPA, 2 SUNY Oswego, decent ECs many with leadership roles. She did not submit test scores. We are in state. Good luck to you!!

Thank you so much… your daughter sounds phenomenal. My son is more on the average side of the grade scale but has been passionate about marine biology forever and SB is his dream school. He attended the marine bio summer program in SB Southampton, have glowing recommendations from teachers and an esteemed SB alum, and have been actively working and volunteering during his summers.

Other related question… when your daughter submitted her application, did she get an email to set up her SOLAR account? or did she only get access when she got accepted? I’ve read in previous threads that access to SOLAR is indicative of a possible acceptance.

Thank you!

Thank you! I hope Binghamton thinks she is! She was deferred from EA to RD there, so we’ll see… I’m pretty sure we couldn’t set up the solar account until she was accepted? Good luck to your son!!! Im sure he’ll get in!

So I looked back, and you’re right. We got an email at 4:30am on Dec 21 saying that they received FAFSA. At 11pm that night, the portal still said complete, but by 7am on Dec 22 it said accepted. We did FAFSA Oct 1 and she applied Oct 27. I actually have a picture of it. Lol

Thank you for your positive vibes!

Yes, my son got deferred from EA to RD as well for Bing. Just crossing my fingers regarding SB. this is nerve-wracking! His dad got into Bing but not SB before so maybe history is repeating itself. Either way, SB is preferred but Bing is a close second.

1 Like

Keep us posted! I sent you a pm too.

1 Like