Summer Music Festival 2023

Tanglewood, but the teacher just submitted recommendation so we aren’t holding up hope.
Brevard as well.

2 Likes

Tanglewood should be out next week, not sure about Brevard.

1 Like

They do, we did that a couple of years ago, but the program was cancelled after all…

Fingers and toes crossed. They said on the website “by april1”

2 Likes

EMF, Eastern Music Festival is still taking applications! They run a very well organized program, I highly recommend it, especially to younger musicians.

4 Likes

They are telling me the application isn’t complete. Apparently the recommendation letter is missing. So strange.

Did they send it through Acceptd? May take a day or two to process

1 Like

I think so. I wonder if he just forgot to send completely. :frowning:

1 Like

Brevard doesn’t have a single notification date. They decide as they go, and it partially depends upon what scholarship support they may offer.

1 Like

Joining you - currently waiting on BUTI results; DD went last year and had an amazing time so hoping to repeat the experience

1 Like

what instrumnet? Did she also hear on 2/23?

DD24 applied late last year- in April - and heard a week later; she was a clarinet in YAWE which is all she applied for (think other programmes were wait list only for clarinet at that point). . This year she put her application in pre xmas and has put down all options!

2 Likes

There does seem to be quite a bit of movement in lists where people hold multiple offers - Possibly more so last year when some people decided it was too soon re covid to do a big residential

2 Likes

Has anybody heard from various programs other than Interlochen?

1 Like

Just a no from NYO2

Sorry on that. Hope better luck in other ones.

Does anybody know when Brevard usually releases its decision?

Got acceptance from green mountain yesterday.

4 Likes

UPD: D23 got acceptance from BUTI for Flute Workshop and YAO!

BUTI will be sending their decisions out in the next two weeks, I understand it is on rolling notification basis, not all at once.

I called their office yesterday, as we are figuring out our summer logistics and a couple of other response deadlines. I wanted to know what timeline expectations we should have with their process.

D23 got into NYO2. This is her last year before she “ages out” for that ensemble.

5 Likes

Congrats to her and thanks for the info!

1 Like

Just got notification from BUTI