Summer Music Festival 2023

Any idea when Meadowmount sends out?

Also, we’re up to acceptances for Ascent, Green Mountain, and Heifetz Jr… This is getting tough. Any recommendations?

2 Likes

We just got the rejected from Bowdoin but got accepted from Heifetz junior tonight.

4 Likes

Sorry to hear on Bowdoin but congrats on Heifetz!

Congratulations on the Heifetz acceptance!

1 Like

Congrats! But keep in mind that B mostly caters to the older student - mostly college kids or those heading to college. HJr is for those 15 and younger. Not many of those kids at B. Just an FYI. Student age is a big factor here. There is plenty of time for B in the future!

3 Likes

update: got admission from Bowdoin this Friday.

7 Likes

Thanks! We were wondering why now we know. My daughter is only 12 years old.

I would place a call and ask this question about age. Or email them. 12 is very young for this camp from my understanding. On a happier front, she must be very good! Congrats on that.

H jnr starts at age 8 i think? The faculty looks amazing - well done to your D @choyu

Hi i heard some of the YAVP participants last year - just wow!

We hadn’t heard of Heifetz - just looked it up and probably should have applied! On our list for the future, and congratulations!

I may be confused - age 12 is perfect for Heifetz Jr! It is an amazing program (Though, I only know the regular program not the junior one).

Heifetz Peg used to be 13 and under. I didn’t realize they changed it to Jr/Sr in recent years and made it 14-15 as cut off. Heard all great things about it. We didn’t apply this year thinking D’s age is over the Jr limit…

I believe Bowdoin indicates 13 as the youngest age.

I’m pretty sure it’s a “most are between the ages of thirteen and 30” rather than a hard cap, but I could be wrong.

You are right. They said typically 13-30.

3 Likes

Good morning - dd24 has confirmed going to BUTI and then possibly on to something else as yet unclear in August. Anyone else decided their summer?

3 Likes

Waiting on wait lists and Kinhaven! As of now going to Aria Academy for two weeks and otherwise?

3 Likes

Ascent Cello + Heifetz here!

4 Likes

Hi RussianMom, if your daughter is picking NYO2 vs. BUTI, would be interested in knowing what her reasons would be for picking 1 over the other - thanks!