Summer Music Festival 2023

She attended BUTI last year, both flute intensive and YAO, loved it! She will be eligible to apply for YAO or Institute in the future, or even apply for student jobs/internships there.

Reasons she picked NYO2:

She will be aged out of this opportunity next year, so it is her only chance to do it this summer.

NYO2 is an honor and just three flutes selected.

NYO2 is free.

9 Likes

Have you heard

From BUTI? nothing today

1 Like

I know people are mostly talking about high school programs here, but anyone know anything about the Lunenburg Academy of Music Performance in Nova Scotia? DS just got accepted for a wee long program there (heā€™s an undergrad), but the dates conflict with another program heā€™s very interested in but hasnā€™t heard back from yetā€¦and they want a deposit within 2 weeks.

2 Likes

Does he know when the other program sends out decisions? You can usually ask for an extension on the acceptance/deposit but donā€™t know that it will always work

1 Like

It turns out the other one has a later application deadline, and he hadnā€™t even applied yet. And heā€™s happy about the Nova Scotia one (bonus: itā€™s cheaper), so sounds like heā€™s just going with it.

4 Likes

Does anyone know if parents need to get tickets for the performances at Tanglewood for the Young Artist concerts?

We got tickets in advance, just in case - YAO concerts are usually in the Ozawa Hall, that building is stunning! I think my daughter could have found one or two tickets for us, but we did not want to depend on it, and it was three of us in the party, her older brother joined us, so I would recommend to buy, just to be sure.

There is a rotation of players for different concerts, your kid may be part of some performances, but not all of them. you can always wait to see seat/part assignments.

Years ago when my kid was thereā€¦yes, you had to buy tickets.

Hi if you go in to the handbook which you have a link for in your offer email, it gives you details on free and other tickets. Hope that helps - its different for different concerts

The BUTI waiting list has been moving today if anyone is waiting

2 Likes

What instrument?

Not sure - DD told me a couple of people had heard but was her usual vague self :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi i think you daughters is part of the YAVP - here is the ticket info:

• Young Artists Chorus Ozawa Hall concerts are free and open seating.

Last year some of YAVP also sang with the YAWE in one of their concerts incl a truly memorable soloist; so def worth keeping an eye on how they schedule things closer to the time

Thank you for this information! I did get a ticket for a few things that would not be given to VP participants: YAO, John Williams Film Night (the voice kids will have some involvement, Iā€™m told) and Cosi fan tutte!
Tickets just went on sale today and the wait was wild!

1 Like

This is about my younger child, but does anybody know when Interlochen Intermediate results come out?

Bowdoin said no today. :frowning: Please apply next year. I always wonder if we should or shouldnā€™t make faculty requestsā€¦

We received ours March 1, by email, but for theatre not strings.

My D was accepted to the Atlantic Music Festival, Vocal Institute, (hosted at Colby College in Maine) with a partial scholarship and work-study funding and is currently deciding (she got an extension to decide and is waiting on a financial aid appeal).

The programs there look great: there are instrumentalists, vocalists, composers, an electronic music lab, and there are both traditional and contemporary ensembles. I hope sheā€™ll get to go! D is a college senior.

1 Like

I found a few pictures here: Google Maps.

And a Facebook page here: Lunenburg Academy of Music Performance | Facebook.

And an article: How a music academy in Nova Scotia is bringing huge artists to its little town - The Globe and Mail.

Looks like a wonderful place!