Summer Music Festival 2023

thanks! I found that Globe and Mail article in my online stalking, too :joy: Heā€™s excited about itā€“heā€™s doing the bass clarinet program, and getting to focus on nothing but bass clarinet will make for pretty much his perfect week!

2 Likes

Thank you for posting this! I didnā€™t realize they had a program for 18+ year olds. Itā€™s difficult to find voice programs for undergrads but there are a smattering.

My S is attending a 3 week program in Italy that has an Oberlin faculty member on the voice staff so he felt safe in choosing that one, but heā€™ll need some options for the next few years. Iā€™ve noticed a lot of the programs are for post grads so heā€™s a bit young for those right now.

Let me know how your D likes AMF if she accepts?

Has anybody had any experience with Peabodyā€™s summer piano week for high schoolers?

Hi! Does anybody know when Kinhaven sends out decisions! Thank you!

Some have already gone out. Most of these programs send them in waves as they find out who has accepted or declined.

1 Like

My son just got into Castleman. :astonished:

Has anyone done this one?

3 Likes

We have not heard yet. May be by instrument? Last year i think it was this upcoming week.

1 Like

Hi there! Thanks for this helpful thread!

Does anyone know whether BUTI has started notifying waitlisted students?

1 Like

We emailed and they told us the updated status. I got the impression that if you havenā€™t heard yet you didnā€™t get off the initial wait list but it can move later in the spring as peopleā€™s plans change.

1 Like

Good to know! Will email them tomorrow, but doesnā€™t sound promising if we havenā€™t heard yet.

1 Like

Does anyone have any recommended Summer programs that focus on cello solo performance either in U.S. or outside the U.S.? (We already know about Interlochen, Ascent, and ICI).

S24 is going to Aria Academy. It was recommended by a flute teacher and the flute professors are excellent. They have strings and other winds but I dont know the reputation of the faculty
https://www.ariaacademy.com/faculty.html

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

BUTI also has a cello workshop - Cello Workshop | College of Fine Arts

1 Like

Vivace in Wilmington NC and National Cello Institute at St. Olaf

1 Like

Having nothing to add, it makes me laugh that thereā€™s a program called Aria that isnā€™t for voice! Gets me every time I see it mentioned. :smiley:

I have heard great things about Bowdoin.

3 Likes

Has anyone ever heard of any of these competitive Summer music camps offering a deferral? (Iā€™m guessing that this is very unlikely, and the student just has to reapply the next Summer to a camp to which they were previously accepted.)

1 Like

hi no afraid not - I imagine it might be an option if.its really ā€˜specialā€™ circumstances but canā€™t really see why the very competitive ones would feel the need to do this. Might be an option to roll the deposit on to be used if they get back in given you are giving notice quite far in advance?

1 Like

I know that Aspen deferred the entire cohort in 2020 due to the pandemicā€¦ but a deferral for one person seems unlikely.