Summer Programs That Look Good on College Applications

<p>To anyone who wants to do something like these prestigious programs over the summer: SAVE YOUR MONEY AND DO RESEARCH. Why apply for all these research programs across America when you have a great starting point less than 10 miles away? (Unless you’ve already done hardcore research and just want to do more, I guess…) </p>

<p>Want a research/internship? Email, my friends. And in my experience, local universities aren’t very responsive if you’re only in high school. I literally googled “research centers in (city name here)” and picked the closest few. If you don’t even want to go that far-- find the hospital closest to you. Instead of volunteering, ask them about research opportunities. The people I talked to said not a lot of kids my age asked about research, but usually would go for gift shop/front desk jobs.</p>

<p>Boom-- you don’t need a program application. Just ask and you’ll most likely find a summer-long opportunity.</p>

<p>Get a job; work or internship experience is invaluable.</p>

<p>Only do local research if you’re unable to make it into research-oriented programs designed to benefit you most. Programs like RSI, Clark, HSHSP, and JAX SSP are undeniably worth it.</p>

<p>Does anyone know of environmental research programs or perhaps political/government/prelaw summer programs??</p>

<p>Just to let all who are interested in humanities know, Congress has stopped the house and senate page pgms due to budget cuts</p>

<p>If you want something political, glass girl was right about the end of the house page program, however the senate page program is still running.</p>

<p>Any good camps for a rising sophomore interested in stock markets? One that teaches investment analysis, trading etc.</p>

<p>Do any of these accept applications from outside the US? I’m particularly interested in mathematics, international affairs, leadership, and maybe politics, journalism, or science in general, but I haven’t decided on my career path yet so I’m willing to consider a wide range.</p>

<p>The following do accept (and have accepted) international applicants:</p>

<p>Canada/USA Mathcamp (international)
Research Science Institute (international)
TASP (international)
QCSYS (only for Canada and USA maybe?)</p>

<p>I’ll be a rising junior this summer and I am really interested in marine biology/environmental research. Basically I’d love a chance to get into a college like Bowdoin! Any suggestions for the summer? Next year I’ll (hopefully, knock on wood) be participating in Governor School. Thanks!!</p>

<p>Any recommendations which is a better summer research program, YSP (Young Scholars, UCDavis) or RISe (BU SUmmer in research in Science and engineering), daughter got into both,?</p>

<p>thanks!</p>

<p>What is better to attend? ISSYP or Mathcamp?</p>

<p>I believe SSP also accepts international applicants, but the deadline is passed by now. Here’s the link to their website:</p>

<p><a href=“http://www.summerscience.org/admissions/index.php[/url]”>http://www.summerscience.org/admissions/index.php&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>What is more important summer research with a professor at a university or a summer program basically doing the same thing. The research and program are about engineer related, and that’s what I want to major in. So, yeah what is better and gives a better experience?</p>

<p>Just contact your target schools admissions offices or the department for the major you want when they are not too busy and ask them which summer programs they recommend. Then prepare yourself to be the ideal candidate for those programs and take the time to get your applications just right.</p>

<p>Hey, I will be a senior at high school next year in New Jersey and I want to know what to do over the summer that will look impressive on college apps and will benefit me. Do summer programs from universities really look good and are they worth the money? Please give me advice soon!</p>

<p>i know ivy scholars from yale looks pretty good</p>

<p>however, i am seeking one with stocks and trade analysis like marina11
does anybody know of one?</p>

<p>Berzha101/Marina11- FICA at Columbia University seems to be a pretty good stock market summer camp. </p>

<p>Also, does anyone have a complete list of the best summer camps and programs available. It would be extremely helpful. Thanks!</p>

<p>could you provide a link?
i cant find it</p>

<p>So I just submitted my preliminary Stanford EGPY application and got my account. I looked at the tuition right after (WOW!!!) and I decided not to complete it and leave my account alone. Should I be worried leaving it alone and not finishing the application? Will it reflect poorly on me if I decide to apply to Stanford in the future?</p>

<p>Sorry. LOL. I tend to freak out over the small things easily.</p>