SUNY at Binghamton Early Action for Fall 2023 Admission

My daugher’s portal was just updated to say the same thing. We also recieved an email about navagating financial aide at Binghamton. Fingers crossed that’s a good sign and we hear something very soon!! Good luck to all of your sons/daughters!!

4 Likes

We got the same and I’m trying hard not to read too much into a mass email….so hard to know and so hard to just sit and wait!

2 Likes

we got that too and one about coming to an info event this weekend in NYC. I would hope they would filter who they send that to and not send to students who do not get admission that week

1 Like

that’s what I was hoping but then I wonder if they are totally independent….we still get emails about applying from other schools my daughter has been accepted to.

1 Like

But I registered her for the NYC event in case!

1 Like

Same with the financial aid email and NYC visit here. Does anyone have historical data points if the financial aid email is correlated to accept/reject? FWIW, we got the same thing from Penn State a few days before the acceptance came in. I feel like they are not correlated - in other words, if they know who is accepted/rejected, why not just load it into the portal? Why take the time to differentiate it in a mass email but not on the students portal? Seems like it is double work but who knows.

I think the emails went out to everyone. I wouldn’t read too much into them.

1 Like

Anyone know how long after it says complete on the app status they will send a decision?

1 Like

My sons has said complete for a few weeks. Still no decision.

My son applied October 8th on school site to SUNY Bing n Albany. Wants Poli Sci 4+1 to Masters. GPA 3.84, opted out of SATs/ACT, advance clarinet, lifeguard, mock trial lead lawyer club, local community volunteer. AP classes n 12 credits of College classes 4.0 GPA for all college classes. The SUNY portal says “received” but not complete. All check boxes green. Should I be worried. He really wants Bing. Admissions at Albany already told him he we get in with Honors. But Bing is what he wants.

Does Binghamton typically release their decisions in the early evening?

My dd got her acceptance this afternoon, got an email to check the portal. OOS, top 25%, 3.9 uw, 4.4 w, 5 APs. No merit mentioned in letter.

1 Like

My D23 was accepted today into Harpur at about 7pm EST. OOS (West Coast) top 10%, 3.9UW. Light rigor and schedule, relative to this community. Good EC’s. Somewhat unique club sport. Test Optional.

She only applied due recommendations from this group - we had never heard of it before - now looking forward to learning more (and whether they will give her any money haha).

Very happy!

1 Like

Call the admissions office to confirm that the application is complete. I called for one of my daughters.

1 Like

Checking again to see if anyone has heard that lives in Rockland county New York

My son has not heard yet and is from Rockland County NY… hopefully very soon!

My son just accepted to Watson!!!

4 Likes

Accepted in Westchester County!

3 Likes

Accepted to Watson, in-state (Long Island), no email yet but found on portal this evening (Wednesday :joy:). Top 10%, good ECs, 1590 SAT, lots of APs.

1 Like

Is there one drop of updates a night? What time usually?

2 Likes