SUNY at Binghamton Early Action for Fall 2023 Admission

Long Island here. Have not heard yet. Do they send out in order of acceptances and then rejections or no particular order?

1 Like

I would think that EA applications, if not accepted at least get deferred to regular decision

The counselor used to be Joyce Wong but she moved on to a new role and transferred her responsibilities to Ewuraba Annan

admitted to Watson today. Applied 10/31/2022. 1510 SAT. 3.98UW. 9 APā€™s. In-state.

1 Like

Congrats! I guess Bing is releasing acceptances today but seems like for Watson only. Which region in-state?

Congrats! What time did you hear?

today I believe, but am not exactly sure if today or last night.
Long Island.

Anyone hear from Rockland County NY?

1 Like

I was accepted last night instate. 99.2 unweighted. 36 ACT into Harpur.

Long Island area.

Does Binghamton release decisions on weekends?

So apparently the SUNY system has twice as many applications as this time last year because of the first ever free application week. Also many SUNY schools (not Bing) are matching in state costs for out of state students in 8 states. So I would guess this is delaying the review process.

1 Like

One of my twin daughters applied to Binghamton for free ok 10/28 using the common app . The other twin payed the free and got a link for a portal from Binghamton. For people who took advantage of free application is the portal different ? She searched for a email from Binghamton and Apply SUNY. No luck .

I did the free code and got an email from ā€œBinghamton University Undergraduate Admissionsā€ like a day later with the portal and stuff. Did your daughter check her spam and make sure that the email she put on common app was the one she was checking?

1 Like

Did any in state Harpur students receive a decision? If so, can you please share your stats and whether you received any merit scholarship? Thanks so much!

I applied EA to Harpur in state and was accepted last Thursday. No mention of merit, but Iā€™m told they donā€™t give in state. My stats are 36 ACT. Iā€™m valedictorian of my class with a 99.2 unweighted gpa, 110 weighted. I have 8 AP and 7(i think) dual enrollment class. I was also a NMSF.

1 Like

Today on my sonā€™s portal there was a new section which said status complete. Before it just had the covid requirements on top and the checklist items below that. Now the status complete is there between them. Did anyone else notice this change on their portal? I am wondering if that means he may get his decision this week?

6 Likes

I just noticed that now, I applied in mid-September and havenā€™t gotten my result. Praying I get it this week! Iā€™m from NYC and so many people applied so I wouldnā€™t be surprised if I have to wait longer.

2 Likes

I have that too! Tbh, I didnā€™t notice that it was new, but Iā€™m hoping that it means a decision is on its wayā€¦:crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

lets hope! It definitely was not here a couple days ago

6 Likes

Same! Application Status: Complete. Hereā€™s hoping that a decision is forthcoming this week!!

4 Likes