SUNY Binghamton Class of 2022

^ Yes. You should have received an email to set up your sign on to the portal to check your status. You should receive an email from Bing telling you that your application status has changed.

@comom25 Sciences! for an environmental studies major

anyone know if they send out decisions on the weekends?

So far not on weekends @altoqueen. Admission officers deserve their weekend rest.

Got into Harpur on Thursday at 7:15
GPA: 95 uw
ACT: 34

Checking the 2021 thread may be helpful in regards to timing. Last year they did the first round by 12/1 then the next rounds on 12/14 and 12/21. Prior years seemed to follow this timing as well.

@lisag519 Yes! Received acceptance letter 11/28 7:15

Hi all. Didn’t see much discussion about Decker. Anyone else hear back yet? Got acceptance Tuesday night. Who are my fellow nursing students going to be? Also anyone know when financial aid decisions come back?

Hey, guys. I’m so nervous for a decision; this is my top choice. Applied to Harpur as undecided, with an interest in pre-med. In-state. Public school. Will have taken 7 APs by graduation. 91.77 weighted GPA, 28 ACT, and 1280 SAT. My stats aren’t very good, but I hope I have a chance? I have a bunch of really good ECs and an amazing and original essay, so hopefully those will help.

I got the email at November 30th, 7:15pm. I just didn’t see it until the second day morning. Sorry for the confusing, I think the first wave are all come out that same time?

@DD2022 I was accepted into Decker!

Hi @jen1717, scores matter a lot for the SUNY flagship schools. My D applied to Bing last year with an ACT 30 and got in but for the spring enrollment only. She was accepted for fall at Stony Brook though. You should definitely consider Bing to be a reach for you and have a very good list of other schools, both target and safe schools.

Hey everyone. I’m really stressed about getting a response. I applied to Harpur EA. Just wanted to get opinions to see if people thought I could get in. I have a 3.8 GPA (weighted) and a 1430 score on my SAT. Congrats to those that got in by the way :slight_smile:

@natfeig Don’t worry. I had lower stats than yours and still got in on Friday.

was accepted to watson on the 28th!!
sat: 1540
gpa: 99

I hate that it’s so numbers based. I understand why they have to do it that way, but it’s hard to accept. I really want to go to Binghamton, but my test scores are pretty low but I have pretty good ECs.
gpa-4.0 unweighted
SAT-1130
ACT-25
ECs - I am the founder and sole director for our school’s drama club, which I direct two public shows a year. I am also the founder and President of the Young women’s S.T.E.M and Leadership club for girls grades 4-6, Science Olympiad medalist, Student Council President, and GSA (gay straight alliance) member. I play the clarinet, cello, and piano for the performance band. I have participated in 7 musicals. I tutor students in the elementary school, and I’m part of New Visions, a program that allows me to take 4 college courses while working hands on in a hospital for the first half of the day. I also started taking college courses my junior year, and I am now taking 7 college classes.
I applied to Harper, but definitely don’t think I’m going to get in. I applied EA and still haven’t heard.

@ jen1717 My stats are pretty much the same as yours. I too want to be pre-med. I really don’t think I’m going to get in though.
gpa-4.0 unweighted
SAT-1130
ACT-25
ECs - I am the founder and sole director for our school’s drama club, which I direct two public shows a year. I am also the founder and President of the Young women’s S.T.E.M and Leadership club for girls grades 4-6, Science Olympiad medalist, Student Council President, and GSA (gay straight alliance) member. I play the clarinet, cello, and piano for the performance band. I have participated in 7 musicals. I tutor students in the elementary school, and I’m part of New Visions, a program that allows me to take 4 college courses while working hands on in a hospital for the first half of the day. I also started taking college courses my junior year, and I am now taking 7 college classes.
I applied to Harper, but definitely don’t think I’m going to get in. I applied EA and still haven’t heard.

D got teaser email about Binghamton’s value and a check status on bottom. Status has not changed. Why do they do that?
Is it a good thing?

I am so nervous about this school. My friend got into Harpur on Thursday night with a 31 ACT and a 4.21 GPA (weighted, out of 4.0). I think I have better ECs than her and I have a 32 and a 4.31 but I’m still anxiously waiting for my decision.

Has anyone called the Admissions Department to see if they can shed light on all our theories regarding acceptances? 8-|