Supplemental Essay

How many supplemental essays does Georgia have an how long is the essay? (and topic if you know)?

I see you’ve posted this question about multiple universities. Why haven’t you googled this for yourself?

I found this in 5 seconds
 “UGA supplemental essays”

2 Likes

thank you for you comments and response. smh

Good luck

Don’t shake your head. It’s a fair question. These colleges seek individuals of all backgrounds and interests but resourcefulness is one trait everyone will need amongst top students.

If you can’t find easily locatable info (either on the web or through the common app portal), perhaps you’re not right for the school.

6 Likes

right i am asking if Georgia requires a supplemental essay. if i knew i wouldn’t have asked the question. there is lots of info on the web and its confusing
 a simple yes with the link would be nice
 isn’t this for people who might not know
 you can google almost every question asked on this forum but doesn’t mean we cant ask people on the forum who have been through it

Love the UGA admissions blog
 and the Rocky Horror picture made me so curious I had to click! Thanks for posting the link.

@jhmoney if you are confused by what you read on the web, you can always go to the Common App, add the school to your list, and see what they actually ask on the application. Note that for some schools, the supplemental essay prompts will not show up until you fill out some of the easy stuff such as your desired campus, major, whether you want to apply to Honors, etc.

2 Likes

Sorry. Read your first question. That’s what people answered.

Everyone is trying to help - telling you to learn to help yourself first. And giving you tips
.website and common app to get there.

But you got the response you did because of what/how you asked in the first message.

But in fairness the article you provided says 4 minutes reading time. Perhaps OP was looking for a synopsis😀

1 Like

just wanted to know if there is one and how long yes

understood but I am. parent not a student
 no access to the common app

Fair enough. I wouldn’t have thought as much of it except the exact same question was posted for multiple colleges at the same time.

I was in a rush but provided a link to the info and a message that was probably too direct. However, providing a link is all I’d ever do for this type question to be honest. I’m not going to first read then type up a summary for something quick and simple. I will direct to a source of information.

But I should have explained to the OP the importance of taking ownership of the college application process and doing a little legwork.

2 Likes

You can sign up for the common app as a parent. Go to this page and select the last option (“Parent or other adult”) to create a practice account: Common App

A practice account lets you explore the Common App and see everything colleges are asking. You just can’t submit an application with a practice account.

2 Likes

The UGA admissions blog is in my top three favorites! David Graves is fantastic and SO TRANSPARENT about the UGA application process. Additionally he answers questions asked in the blog comments in a timely manner (or will direct you to the FAQ if it’s obvious time wasn’t taken to first look around at the available information).

1 Like

It looks like your daughter was accepted EA to UGA and you commented that their communication was great. Do you have access to any of the resources from when she applied?

yes the best of any school

thank you
 all good!