Syracuse ED for Fall 2023 (Class of 2027)

I’m a little confused, are you asking about my GPA or what?

GPA and Sat?

I got in!

4 Likes

My friends daughter received a $25k/year scholarship with her acceptance.

After she accepted?

Or in the letter?

I believe in the letter.

1 Like

Same lets gooooo

I got in!!

2 Likes

Anyone else that didn’t receive a decision yet? My kid filled up everything and submitted ED A day or two before the deadline and she’s been anxiously waiting for the decision only to be disappointed there’s nothing in the portal yet, no email, no update… complete silence :-\ … as so far we can tell there’s nothing missing from the application. For FA we got an email to upload some additional supporting documents 2 days ago, we got all excited thinking it was a tell admission was in the books but there’s no official communication yet. Anyone else still waiting? Are rejections also released at the same time? :frowning:

You will get your decision later because you didn’t fill out all the papers at the right time

It has nothing to do with not having their paperwork filled out correctly. They announced this week on their website that they are releasing the first batch of decisions on the 16th and will then roll out the rest through January. They had more applications than last year. If I had to guess they haven’t read through them all. Possibly the kids that got their applications in toward the end will hear later. My daughter is one of them as well and it really stinks.

2 Likes

Thanks… that’s what I was thinking… it really stinks bad but I can see my daughter a little more relaxed now since the decision will come more unexpected she’s starting to settle on having to “just wait”. I’ll post here with any updates hope everyone else does the same :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Same here! Haven’t heard anything and he applied early October.

My son applied on the very last day and got his decision yesterday (we are still waiting on financial aid). Did you double check MySlice to ensure that there was nothing missing from the application? It is also possible that some of the more competitive schools like Falk or Newhouse are still reviewing applications because they got more than expected.

Applied for ED1 months ago and have not heard a decision back yet. I see they are sending another batch out this Thursday 12/22. Anyone else in the same boat?

Where do you see that they’re doing another batch tomorrow?

Just updating the thread here. Yes, there was a new batch of portal updates on 12/22 and thankfully my daughter got her updated and she was admitted to new house journalism school . She’s over the moon and I’m beyond proud since that’s her dream and it’s becoming her reality.

Wishing you all wonderful holidays and a very prosperous, safe and healthy 2023.

Does anyone know when we will get our Financial Aid packages? Will it be like Jan 15/16?

My son got his package on December 22. The FA office previously told us that the packages will be released either Dec 22/23 or the first week in January.