Taking the regents as a senior

Hello everyone, so I’m going to attend SUNY Binghamton this fall and the physics regents test is coming up and I was wondering if I had to take it. There have been previous seniors at my school that have not shown up for their regents tests and have accepted the 0 on their transcript. But there was no backlash for them (one of the seniors attended Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI) right that same fall). So would it really be that bad if I skip that test day? I’m not majoring in science (I’m part of the School of Management) and it seems that since it’s a few weeks until the end of the year, colleges (especially state universities like Bing) won’t rescind their application or anything of the sort. It’s not like they can kick me out of their (slightly more prestigious) business school either right?

Well, they CAN, the question is whether or not they will.

And they probably won’t.

But first: does you school use the Regents exam as a final? Many do. Opting out may have an effect on your final average, on any awards, and so on.

After an entire year of Physics, would it really kill you to show up for a 2 hour test? (Yeah, I know, 3 max, but you know you can leave earlier.) At the very least, it would show that you care enough to show up.