Taking Vector Calc and Honors Chem

<p>Hey! So I am choosing classes right now and I have a dilemma. I have the option of taking Honors Chem/reg chem and vector calc/calc 2. I just want to know the course load of each class and whether it is a good choice to take both honors chem and vector calc? I did pretty well in calc BC (thinking of getting a 5 or a 4). And I’m currently studying my SAT 2 Chem book. Should I take Vector Calc and Honors Chem, or Vector Calc and Reg Chem, or Calc 2 and Honors Chem?</p>

<p>Hi there,
First off, if you are confident in what learned during calc BC in highscool, go ahead and take vector. I retook Calc 2 because my teacher was horrible in high school, and was glad I did. Work load is not too bad for vector calc, just going be a much faster pace of learning math than you are used to from high school - I was amazed how much I learned in it, much more than my friends did at other schools.
My advice for chem would not necessarily be to take honors, but to take the “chemical thinking” course, which is taught by either Dr. Pollard or Dr. Talanquer. They teach chem in a completely different way than the rest of the department, and it really teaches your a lot. If neither of them are available, I’d go with honors chem instead of regular. From my experience, most professors teaching honors classes are much more favorable! Have fun next year!</p>