Talk to me about ECs and holistic admissions (give me hope!) [3.8 GPA, small to medium size LACs]

If he’s not engineering, then your list is great. You mentioned the possibility. That’s all I was just noting a 3-2 has lots of costs, both monetary and social so if engineering is potentially on the table, it might be best to go to a school with four year engineering in my opinion.

You mentioned Bates. If it was the top choice, you can ED. Merit isn’t an issue.

314/657 got in. Yes that will include athletes and other hooked. But still a high percentage. They also have a low test submission rate which bodes well for your son. So I’d think ED the odds would be strong.

But remove the ED from the overall numbers, then yes it’s a tough get.

If he loves it great but it sounds like you’ve not been to LACs yet. Not sure I’d put it above your list per se but sounds like fit will be particular for your student so let’s hope some on your list fits or some are such bad fits that it directs him to other sizes, environments and geographies that fit better. That’s actually pretty common I think.

Ps I think Lehigh is known for drinking but I’m a believer is kids can find their crowd most anywhere. Sorry your niece’s experience hasn’t been good for her. I’d find it hard to believe the entire school is that way.

One other thought - a student did a write up on Connecticut yesterday that might interest you.

1 Like