TAMU Class of 2021 - Admissions Decisions

@kaydeeloo Yes that was it! I marked it as no, not interested, which I’m still glad I did. Even if I got a blinn offer, I probably wouldn’t have accepted it, mainly because I’ve already completed all the required classes for a freshman business major

The Blinn team does not apply to our family (D has admission to CS) but how does that work? Do you live in CS and then take a bus or drive to Blinn? Is it all the same price?

@mollykdolan I’m in the same boat as you… 1st choice was business… There’s always a chance its still open and whoever you talked to was wrong. The admissions people I talked to said majors don’t just completely fill up like that. Id much rather get full admission into my second choice (political science) than Blinn. But it probably wont be up to me to choose.

@warrior101x Yes, that’s what I’m hoping for! If your app changes, let me know!

@dptxag look into the major, Industrial distribution in the COE. It is a combo of business & engineering.

ACT 31, 35%, 4.55 GPA. 4 year varsity athlete.

Nice ACT score! What was your first choice major?

Blinn Team Admit yesterday. 1330 New SAT. Top 25% assigned by TAMU. Varsity BBall. School leadership team. 3.87 GPA. AP classes. Lifeguard Year round. Haiti Mission. Teen leader in church ministries multi years . Many service hours. NHS. (Brand new school not as many AP)

Major was Forensic and Investigative Sciences

Congrats!

Thanks

Did your tabs change from three to six first?

This won’t be helpful. Never looked out Howdy Tabs so I cannot say. Just looked at AIS

Hello, I’m wondering what changes would I notice on my son’s AIS. It says Application is complete and in review. Above that it lists his major; however at the very top it shows application and a dropbox showing 2017 Fall Freshman BIMS-CS. I don’t remember seeing the BIMS-CS before. Howdy still shows only 3 tabs. Am I wishful thinking? The wait is so intense. Thanks for replying.

Hi @AggieMomfor2, I don’t know exactly when that drop box appeared, but I noticed it a few weeks ago. I don’t think it’s a sign unfortunately. Nothing has changed on my son’s: three tabs, etc., so we are still waiting also.

Let’s keep our fingers crossed. I currently have a sophomore at TAMU and if I remember correctly, it did not show a campus location at all until after his tabs went from 3 to 6. It only showed his major right above “application complete and in review”. I read that this year some folks AIS is updating before tabs. Suspense is brutal. Maybe we’ll know more in the next couple of days. Thanks for the reply.

Good luck to everyone on the Tuesday night update!! And congratulations to those of you that have received good news or are seeing changes.

@AggieMomfor2 BIMS-CS I think is the major-college station. I noticed it on our son’s page it says 2017 Fall Freshman HIST-CS. He’s a history major. I don’t know if that’s new but I see it on his AIS.

Just confirmation of what I saw some people saying earlier about Blinn Team - I talked to someone from admissions earlier today and they confirmed that even if you checked no for the Blinn Team question on Apply Texas, you will still be considered for Blinn Team and “How you answered the question will not have any impact on your admission decision.”

When did you apply: 9/2/16
When did you get your UIN: few days afterwords
When did you receive your admission decision: still waiting
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit: Review
Major/College of Choice: Did you get in:1st choice Agribusiness, second Biology
Class Rank: 108/498 (top 21%)
SAT: 1220
ACT: didn’t take

I submitted two strong essays, and about 40 service hours. Im a member of NHS, and I have shown lambs in FFA for three years. I was apart of the Livestock judging team, Radio team, Chapter Conducting team, and I have had a job throughout high school with 25+ hours a week. From march to august I had two jobs so that I could work less in the school year and focus on my grades, but I still work 12 hours a week.

What do you think my chances are to get in? The wait is killing me! @warrior101x