TAMU Class of 2021 - Admissions Decisions

It was a hint your post needs to go on a transfer post

My apply texas application id was 36, so i know i was one of the first to apply. (Although im sure that doesnā€™t really matter)
While everybody in my house was partying on New Years, i was in my room applying to Mayā€™s lol

Yeah I applied on 8/1! 6 months of torture!!!

@MiguelOVO10 what @cable0790 was saying, is that this thread is the incoming freshman admissions thread for class 2021, who applied beginning Aug 2016. You are a transfer student, whose application opened January 2017. Here is the thread for Fall 2017 transfers. Good Luck with your admissions. http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/texas-m-university/1952379-texas-a-m-fall-2017-transfer.html#latest

In holistic review, your rank & scores only count for 50% of the decisions - it is that other 50% that is everything else on your application ā€“ that is how kids with lower ranks/scores get notified before you and/or have different outcomes. It is still rolling admissions, they do not HOLD your decision, they release them to you once they have been made. It is confusing because many refer to decisions in waves - that really isnā€™t the case as they do come out daily once the responses begin & those who post decisions here and other sites are a small sampling of the thousands of replies. Your application may be scored/evaluated as they get them then held to see how many slots they have in each group of admissions to see where to place you. Chances are many of you waiting are ā€˜on the bubbleā€™ between the various categories so they needed to wait since they donā€™t change their decisions - full at CS, at G, BT, gateway, PSA or denial. There will be people evaluated higher and lower than your application, they will get their answers sooner because they are not ā€˜on the bubbleā€™ is my best guess. Does applying early work? Definitely for those given full admits in the earlier response period - for auto admits YES, for reviews only if they find something in your app that screams, FULL ADMIT HERE. You donā€™t want to give up that chance, it is hard to know what part of your 'other 50%" will ā€˜speakā€™ to the admissions group. Good luck to those waiting, hang in there the wait is almost over :slight_smile:

For me the hardest thing to come to terms with is that kids that just missed auto/academic admit but are still waiting. These kids qualify for scholarships and automatic admission at other schools, but could possibly be denied by A&M.

My change major button disappeared from howdy and AIS , does this mean PSA ? Or is there a chance still at full admission?

@aggies1 Iā€™ve searched through all the post here and last years regarding disappearing change major button. They all have led to a PSA offer. If anyone has seen any different, please chime in!!
You need to prepare yourself to be offered PSA. As bad as it is, at least itā€™s a step in knowing something. So far we only have the button missing in Howdy not AIS.

@aggies1 Go onto Howdy, hover on the Applicant tab, click on Manage Applications, and then click Manage Applications on that page. It will list application status, level, major, and program. This may help you determine why the change major button disappeared for you. Let us know what it says under major!

For my daughter only howdy change major tab is gone. It is still available in AIS. Under manage applications it still lists her CS major choice and says under review

@mollykdolan @blonde1999 it still says status:under review with my major:PHTL and my program -BS-PHTL so I still have hope ! If it is PSA I got accepted to other great colleges but A&M is my number one, so not sure what Iā€™ll do.

I am definitely prepared for the potential for PSA, which means she would just accept at Galveston. But, thatā€™s still a great option!! Still an Aggie. Can change majors after freshman year. They are at the ocean, which is a better scene than going to some of the other local colleges. I think itā€™s the next best thing.

Iā€™m curious what it says for those who have tabs missing on both howdy and AISā€¦

Anyone else just get an email from TAMU admissions asking about ā€œreleasing your directory informationā€? whatever that meansā€¦

So if you have both change major gone on Howdy and AIS that basically means PSA?

No, @tamu2021hopeful we donā€™t know. I hope not! Did your major change in howdy? If not, remain hopeful!!!

Thank you! And yes, it has changed in Howdy. @aggiemomhopeful

What did it Change to ? @tamu2021hopeful

@cable0790 you are correct. Clearly A&M has established thresholds that suggest certain numbers matter with regard to academic admit. Being one point off and waiting months seems unnecessary. There should be an early notification date for all early applicants and a regular notification date. Consider that they are opening applications earlier next year. Pure torture to add more time to the process if nothing else changes.

BTW kudos to the poster with the bad essay comment. Great to have a sense of humor in it all. Maybe they are right sometimes bad does stand out. For all the ECā€™s any of our kids have, one thing and one thing only keeps you at A&M and on track to graduate -> grades. It would be logical to conclude that the most likely students to achieve that are those who have shown that success before. Itā€™s crunch time in February and it seems to come down to a coin flip now. For those still left in play may it come up in your favor. Good Luck to all!

Just FYI, TAMU Galveston is not an option for PSA. It is a branch of the College Station campus and not a participating institution for PSA.