TAMU Class of 2021 - Admissions Decisions

thanks @aggies1 I hope what they said is correct! does anyone still waiting have the change major button still available to them?

@2TXkids I still have the change major button and I havenā€™t had any changes on anything since I appliedā€¦(first choice Mays, second choice Communicationā€“applied in August as review admit)

I still have my change major tab! Iā€™m not sure what that means! I applied on August 1st for education!

I donā€™t know what any of it means lol. my S doesnā€™t have change of major tabs anymore, and before that has always seemed to mean PSA on here. Not sure why they would disable some applicantā€™s buttons and not others, if it is due to some majors not accepting change of major? I hope itā€™s true though! His stats are higher than some full and Blinn team Iā€™ve seen on here, but that probably doesnā€™t guarantee anything either. Wishing all of us luck!

Okay so now Iā€™m confusedā€¦ Since our degree changed and I think he is going to Blinn TEAM now since all of this updated this morning. What does BAC under degree mean? His major was Physics and degree was BS, now itā€™s changed to General Studies and degree is BACā€¦ HELP please Thanks for everyoneā€™s support.

I think we could change the name of this thread to ā€œPotential Aggie Momsā€™ Support Groupā€. Do you think we are over analyzing the disappearing tabs? Only time will tell.

@footballgo1 I agree This is nutsā€¦lol

@teamaggie BAC just means Bachelors Degree, if the major says TEAM, then it is BlinnTeam. Congratulations! I think everyone on BlinnTeam and Gateway get put in General Studiesā€¦and there are the Pathway agreement things to get out of General Studies into your desired major. This is my third, and last, child to go through the admissions processā€¦and it sure can be confusing:)

It now says TEAM. But still under review

@2TXkids my D still has the change majorā€¦ ZERO activity since Oct. when she applied. She is an Ag Com major so I donā€™t think that major is full.

@teamaggie It sounds like Gateway

@aggie88 Thanks for the info. This is all new to me. 1st child in college and we are excited. He want to be in the Corp and be in the band, so with Blinn Team, I understood he can still be in the Corp. He is scared now, I guess from hearing from other students that itā€™s hard work. Anyone else out there know what he needs to look out for.

They changed the first choice major (Economics) to Blinn Team, and left the second choice as it was ā€“ I tried to switch them but it said if you donā€™t leave Blinn Team on there, that it is full and you will lose your spot if you put another major in its place ā€“ second choice would be preferable to Blinn, but Iā€™m hoping they know that!

@teamaggie Does the term still say Fall? If that changes to Summer, then it is Gateway. My 2nd daughter (Top10%) has taken Anatomy courses at Blinn for 2 semesters (because Nursing requires Junior level Anatomy that is not available at TAMU for Freshmen or Sophomoresā€¦) and Blinn has been fine. Her profs have also been TAMU profs, the classes are not easy, and she learned a lot. Driving her own car made the commute quicker than the Spirit bus, so we bought 2 parking passes. :slight_smile:

I asked the question through our AIS about disappearing ā€œchange majorsā€ tabs and this was response-

The ability to change majors into majors which are full has been removed. Your application is still currently being reviewed. When a final decision is made, it will appear on your AIS page at that time. Decision letters are being sent on a rolling basis between now and mid-to late March.

I called an admissions counselor and they said howdy is down which is why there are reasons with being able to change your major. She said it has no impact on your application and the decision you will receive.

@tgtjleal My son has only 1 major choice-Mays. He cannot ā€œChange Majorsā€ out of Mays either. Iā€™m not sure I understand the answer pertaining to my son. When I called, they told me that if he is accepted, that he would be given choices from the majors that still have spaceā€¦I hope we donā€™t need to wait another monthā€¦

All the people who had their change major disappearā€¦what are your majors?
Ours is Liberal Arts-Psychology, change major disappeared for us, anyone with that major with option to change still open?

I think when we call they are giving us the answer they have to bc they cant cause us to speculate, so until it is final on AIS they will continue to verbally answer that it doesnā€™t mean anything, could that be?

@CollegeTX mine 2nd choice is liberal arts psychology and I still have it but my first is education