TAMU Class of 2022 - Admissions Decisions

@aggies12345 Financial aid packages/university scholarships typically come out sometime in February.

@beckistew Congrats to your daughter! The counselors at my son’s school told the kids to contact admission reps at their choice schools if their ranking went up. I would call! It can’t hurt calling. Good luck!!

@GManmom123
For engineering, your son could be offered full admit to College Station, Engineering at Galveston, or Blinn Engineering Academy (which is seperate and different than Blinn Team). Engineering applicants are not offered Blinn Team or Gateway (Gateway is provisional admissions depending on satisfying the class requirements over summer).
On the engineering thread, I explained what engineering at Galveston is. Here is more about it. http://engineering.tamu.edu/academics/engineering-at-galveston

Hi! I thought I’d post my stats to help anyone still waiting. Good luck!

When did you apply: 1/2/18 - Apply Texas
When did you get your UIN: 1/4/18
When did you receive your admission decision: 1/11/18
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit: I’m not sure. One of my sub-scores on the SAT was very close, but not high enough for auto-admissions. My overall SAT was high enough for auto.
Major/College of Choice: Physics/College of Natural Science
Did you get in: Yes!
Honors program: Applied
Class Rank: My school doesn’t rank, but I was assigned 1st Quarter
SAT: 1370
ACT: N/A

@GManmom123 You don’t get to choose Gateway or Blinn Team. When u get ur Admissions letter it tells you what you are offered. It is your choice to accept or decline, however. Gateway is a great program, I highly recommend it! Last year some students who were offered PSA (rejection for College Station options) went and applied for TAMU-Galveston and were accepted. After one year there, u can transfer to CStat if GPA is high enough.

Just for clarity, Applying directly to TAMU Galveston is completely different than the admissions decision by TAMU for Engineering at Galveston. One cannot apply to TAMU Galveston for the general engineering program.

Howdy! Has anyone received acceptance to University Honors yet?

I have! I got in earlier this week. Top 1% class rank, 1480 SAT, tons of ECs and awards. Biochem major. Waiting for Rice, Cornell, and my major at UT then deciding

I was notified via email

@freshmesh167 Congratulations!! Thanks for the info. I’ll make sure my son keeps an eye on his email.

Mays business honors admission folder received via USPS last week. The letter dated 12th Jan, has a separate acceptance letter to sign and send back with an enclosed envelope. The letter says there are 85 spots for the Class of 2022. No email communication has been received.

I’ve been following this thread for awhile and thought I’d post my stats

When did you apply: 10/19/17
When did you get your UIN: 10/23/17
When did you receive your admission decision: 10/26/17
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit: I’m OOS so I’m not sure if they do auto-admit
Major/College of Choice: Public Health
Did you get in: Yes
Honors program: Didn’t apply to university honors but was invited/applied to Public Health honors
Class Rank: My school doesn’t rank, but I was assigned 1st Quarter
SAT: N/A
ACT: 32

Now just anxiously awaiting for scholarship decisions to be released!

Trish02
We received an email from University Honors inn Tuesday alerting us that if accepted into UH she would have to turn down Engineering Honors. As for notifications:

‘What happens next?

We will begin our review process, which includes looking at your academic preparation (through high school class rank and test scores) as well as your vision, passion, commitment, creativity, curiosity, and willingness to take an intellectual risk (through your essay responses). These are the traits that we think will help you take on the challenge provided in our learning community to think deeply about how your personal values are related to your long-term plans. We encourage you to read our frequently-asked questions at http://tx.ag/HonorsFAQ.

When will I hear back?

We’ll make all of our initial decisions no later than March 31. Invitations to students on our wait list typically go out in early May.

Hope this helps!

@Mommyof2girls Yes, this helps!! Thank you so much!

I got six tabs!!! So what does that mean, like how long does AIS take till it updates?

Please share your stats! Thanks & congrats

^^^ @z062000

How long does it take for AIS to update?

When did you apply: 10/12
When did you get your UIN: 10/14?
When did you receive your (engineering) admission decision: Not official just tabs on howdy
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit?:Review
Major/College of Choice: Petroleum Engineering
Honors program: No
Class Rank: 7%
ACT/SAT: 1250 (650 Math)
Tons of ECs, Awards, and Certifications

@z062000 CONGRATS! In November my daughter’s took the day for Howdy/AIS to reflect Accepted. Her6 tabs showed up before 6am and her AIS/Howdy showed accepted about 5pm the same day. Welcome to the Aggie Family!

When do they send the acceptance letter in the mail? @PleaseGod2022