TAMU Class of 2022 - Admissions Decisions

@z062000 That seems like it took a couple of weeks to receive but it may have been impacted by the fact that she found out the Tuesday before Thanksgiving so they were closed several days. You can find an acceptance letter in the correspondence/My Letters section of AIS (I think!)

@z062000 congrats! My son is also a petroleum engineering applicant. Ae you out of state? Just wondering since you are top 7%, but a review applicant.

Yes I am out of state @93txag

JUST GOT ACCEPTED INTO ENGINEERING TODAYYYYY!

Has anyone heard anything about scholarships?

@freshmesh167 Scholarships will start rolling out sometime in February (minus National Scholar stuff thats already been given) and continue well into the summer months.

When did you apply: 9/18
When did you get your UIN: 9/20
When did you receive your admission decision: still waiting
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit: Review admit
Major/College of Choice: Biomedical Engineering
Did you get in: Still waiting
Honors program: no
Class Rank: 37/95 3.89 weighted Gpa
SAT:1320
ACT:
EC- vice president of science club, secretary of nhs, tons of volunteers hows, four years of football

can someone please tell me my chances

@nif being in the second quarter of your class, it is impossible to chance you. A&M is going to take your rank and scores and use algorithms to determine a projected GPA you would earn at CStat and they go from there, weighing in the other components. Engineering is going to look for your math/physics readiness for Engineering Calculus and Engineering physics.

The majority of the Review applicants on this forum are still waiting on decisions to be made. There are 12 auto/academic admits who have posted stats but have not posted a decision yet. 23 review applicants are waiting on a decision. 13 of those are in the 2nd quarter of their class and 1 is in the 3rd quarter.

Please do report back with your decision so that I may add it to the engineering applicant stats for class 2022.

Still waiting for A&M … son got admitted to UT Dallas and UH Honors. If we don’t hear back from A&M soon, will accept UT Dallas so he can get a jump start on his housing in Dallas.

My daughter is still waiting as well. Baylor, TCU and Tech have accepted but we are trying to wait on A&M before she makes a decision…

Accepted to OU Baylor TCU and Tech and deferred by UT for regular admission, still waiting on anything from A&M

My son is accepted to UT Dallas, UH and TX State, he is undecided between the 3 but will attend A&M if he gets in. He is applying for Eng/Comp Sci.; @mikeinsugarland what is your son’s major?

Mechanical Engr/Computer Engr - he loves Mechanical and A&M engineering program. Didn’t like UT engr for some reasons …

If I applied Jan 2 when will I hear back

Just thought i would repost my daughters stats
When did you apply: 7/1/17
When did you get your UIN: Soon afterward
When did you receive your admission decision: Still waiting
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit: Review
Major/College of Choice: Construction Science
Did you get in: Waiting
Honors program: No
Class Rank: 66/626. 10.5%. Resent updated transcript last week. Improved to 62/649 9.5%. Her school doesn’t update class size until start of school. Sent letter explaining this
SAT: 1170
ACT: N/A
Weighted GPA: 4.1
Tons of extracurriculars and leadership positions. Solid essays. Great recommendation letters, one for a judge she interned for and one from her AP English teacher

Here are my son’s stats to maybe give some hope on acceptances for you guys!

Applied July 1st
ACT 28
GPA 4.01 weighted
Local high school
Strong LOR from someone in the Chancellors office
Lots of ECs for leadership and sports
Business foundation plus 4 X 4
All 3 essays
Accepted on Dec. 15th.
DID NOT get Mays. Major is now Economics. He met with an advisor in Mays after accepted and the guy just gave him the ways to get into Mays after freshman year (no new info really).

Hope this helps. I’m sure a wave is coming. The wait is painful, I know. He’s also waiting on UT, but pretty sure that’s a no go! = )

Son’s stats:
Applied 10/31
Review admit
Awaiting decision
SAT 1220
GPA 5.92 on 6 point scale
Held a job for 3 years in high school
Latin Club was only EC
AP Scholar - lots of AP classes
All 3 essays
Major of choice: Urban Planning

When did you apply:12/25/17
When did you get your UIN:12/28/17
When did you receive your admission decision:1/30/18
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit:Review
Major/College of Choice: School of Engineering
Did you get in: YES!!!
Honors program :Idk yet
Class Rank: 2nd Quarter
ACT: 32
GPA: 3.3 (from a competitive high school, have taken 8 AP classes)
ECs: Just Robotics. Have been on the team since my freshman year and have been a captain for the past 2 years
Recs: from my Calc teacher.

My son’s info:
When did you apply:12/2
When did you get your UIN: 1/4
When did you receive your admission decision:1/19
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit:Academic (out of state)
Major/College of Choice: Mechanical Engineering
Did you get in: Yes, 1/30 General Engineering (Mechanical)
Honors program: Haven’t applied yet as we just found out about it. Most universities had it as part of their common app supplement.
Class Rank: 20%, 3.57 unweighted GPA
SAT: N/A
ACT: Composite 33, Superscores Math 30, Reading 36, Science 34, English 33
Extras: NHS. 10 hours community service per quarter. 3 sport letterman since freshman year (football, swimming, track). Varsity track captain. Completed Pre-Med high school program. Summer enrichment programs every summer since freshman year including Stanford and Naval Academy. Astronomy and Science club. 1st chair guitar in school jazz band since freshman year. Lead guitar in a couple local rock bands. TAMU had no interest in Art Supplement video of guitar ability, but did take resume, summer enrichment evaluations and congressional nomination to USNA into consideration.

@kingofnewstan are you in state/out of state/international?
What are your ACT subscores?