TAMU Class of 2023 - Engineering Admission Decisions

@Thelma2 thank you!!! We were getting nervous about handling 2 school enrollments! My son spoke to his cousin who is there as a freshman this year doing the same program and he said the bus pulls up right outside the commons hall and it’s way easier than it seems to be co-enrolled. This link was super helpful!!!

@AggieMomhelp thank you! I am suddenly feeling overwhelmed ?. My husband and I both took alternate paths to college and beyond and our oldest didn’t want to leave home so opted for community college first. This is all new to us so doing TWO enrollments is nerve wracking. I appreciate any and all direction.

@AgggieArch it seems like waiting is the name of the game at TAMU. I am going to attempt to reframe this as character building ?

@hansenelliott007 and @lasttoleavethenest Congratulations on your PSU acceptance. My son applied to PSU. We live an hour from UP. It’s a great school but like some of the parents on the TAMU thread, PSU admission process left us,as well as several of his classmates, with a bitter taste. Wait-listed for UP and offered 2+2 for engineering while seeing kids w less stats admitted. Hope over to the PSU thread and see how many in-state kids applied for EA and still have no decision after having the university bump forward the date not once but twice.
The other piece for us is financial. Pennsylvania has one of the highest tuition rates in the nation and PSU tops the list for state schools.
I am not defending A&Ms process or dissing PSUs. I am pointing out none of them are perfect. But most importantly, you’re right, no matter where they end up it WILL work out.

We have 6 tabs now (TEAB) but AIS still says being considered for Blinn-Bryan. We found out Friday.

@Txpharmguy0330 same here. Maybe AIS will change tomorrow.

For engineering students who need a good main or back up option that could put you on campus after a year, start the online application part tonight. See

https://engineering.tamu.edu/academics/academies/blinn-brenham/securing-your-admission.html

This program has been mentioned many times, so start tonight, start now to apply. Start to give yourself this very viable option.

@Txpharmguy0330 Congrats @KeetsMom It will change but dang with all this hurry up and waiting, right?

@Thelma2 Would you assume the academy offers are over, even with people like me with a high SAT(1400) not getting one?

@learner234 I am not assuming they are over. While the admissions decisions of receiving options is new, I am not convinced that we won’t see single offers of admissions.
We just don’t know how it will all play out. It is also early yet compared to last year.

@learner234 I don’t know anything, so this is just a guess…but it seems like we have not heard of too many choosing Galveston so perhaps there will be offers extended for that campus. And who knows, maybe more TEAB. Don’t give up until you know something definite. Your SAT score is amazing.

I’m class of ‘93 and when I applied in the Fall of ‘88 it seems like I just filled out a piece of paper and went. Definitely none of this drama. It’s really crazy for our kids.

@learner234 I was reaching out to those who don’t feel confident about their scores and ranks compared with those who have heard something from A&M. It is just a free potential option to start. You should just hang in there along with those who haven’t heard yet, and everyone at all times in life should have a viable plan B.

Since I accepted Blinn Engineering Academy, would I need to register for my Blinn classes separately, or can I do that at the NSC?

@KeetsMom
That is all we did. I even thing we picked up the application forms at the Library, filled it out and mailed it in. All admission letters came in the mail and it showed up when it got there.
I remember the thing to do was take two summer classes at the community college in summer after graduation. Some of “the basics”. I took English and Am. History to 1776. To register, we went to the gym with our registration card and we went up to professors sitting at tables and said we wanted to take X class at X time on MWF or T/TH.
Everything is more stressful and demanding it seems.

@learner234 I have not heard of someone with your SAT score not get a decision of at least Blinn Academy or Galveston. I haven’t kept up with how many are still waiting since the last wave, but I am hopeful that there are still more to come

Still haven’t received a response from Blinn-Bryan. Accepted the requested on Friday within the first few hours of its release. Anyone know how long this process takes?

*request

@jhaveyj from this thread, looks like a day or two max.

@AggieMomhelp

Should I be concerned?

No, not at all. If you don’t get your tabs today, then reach out to admissions tomorrow just to confirm they see where you have accepted the offer! It’s all good, I promise. Technology gets in the way sometimes.

I think it’s important to remember that hundreds if not a couple of thousand TEAB and Blinn Team offers where just released. Give them some time to process things. If you accepted on the TAMU portal you are fine. No need to put yourself though unneeded anxiety. Instructions to register will be given to you by both institutions. You will also be billed separately. Most answers to questions can be found on the TAMU website and via link to the Blinn website. It just takes a little time and initiative to wade through it all.

For those that have not heard back, I can not stress enough that if you want to be an Aggie Engineer you need to go ahead and apply to an engineering academy of your choice. PSA is very difficult for engineering as the GPA requirement to transfer is very high (3.2 I think). At the acedemies you are not a transfer student, you transition (2.5) The largest one and the one closest to TAMU and the one that gives as close to the college experience you can find is Brenham. They only take 100 students. It is a solid plan B.